Change vibration settings?

FireRef

Aug 3, 2009
Is it possible to change the vibration settings? I know how to turn them on and off based on silent or normal mode, and when the phone rings for a call, it is fine - but what I am looking for is either more vibration on emails/texts, or reminders...such as you could do with butler for the treo - x number of vibrates every y minutes repeated z number of times, with x y and z being programmable. Anything between that and what is currently in there is an improvement, because I can rarely feel the single short vibration which occurs when those messages come in.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

bass_lover1

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
You can only do this if you jailbreak.

go to iclarified.com for info on jailbreaksing, then info on how to adjust the vibrate settings.

FireRef

Aug 3, 2009
You can only do this if you jailbreak.

go to iclarified.com for info on jailbreaksing, then info on how to adjust the vibrate settings.
jailbreak - yes - search for software I wanted - no luck - any suggestions for specific software to do what I talked about above?

hinky

Bronze
Jul 10, 2009
Is it possible to change the vibration settings? I know how to turn them on and off based on silent or normal mode, and when the phone rings for a call, it is fine - but what I am looking for is either more vibration on emails/texts, or reminders...such as you could do with butler for the treo - x number of vibrates every y minutes repeated z number of times, with x y and z being programmable. Anything between that and what is currently in there is an improvement, because I can rarely feel the single short vibration which occurs when those messages come in.
I feel your pain. Everyone here feels your pain. Steve Jobs believes that everyone has 5 executive assistants who will alert them of every calendar appointment personally. Unless you jailbreak and set yourself free, you will want to run on your sword if you try comparing the iPhone to the Treo. How about one mind-numbingly simple option to set the number of vibrations you want? How about user selectable alarm sounds other than the built in (I think this was invented at the same time as the wheel.) The iPhone does some amazing, cool things and has a great browser. But when it comes to the deathly simple basics, your 2005 Treo armed with Butler makes basic system options on the iPhone look like they were made for a kindergarden. Jailbreaking is not fun but it is the only option to regain your sanity.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Jailbreaking is not fun but it is the only option to regain your sanity.
I disagree, Jailbreaking is fun.. you can change almost anything on the phone if you know how. Its fun to theme and mess with the raw file structure. Well, its my kind of fun anyway! lol

I do agree that the user possibly should have the option of all these things, but if you weigh up the good and bad points, the iPhone will come out on top everytime in my book