Changed Computers Please Help!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

knx2517

Aug 1, 2007
I recently purchased a new computer because my old computer broke. I have the old hard drive hooked into the new computer, so my question is, how would I go about locating the backup file of my phone to sync with the new iTunes so I do not lose all of my data?

Thanks

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
I recently purchased a new computer because my old computer broke. I have the old hard drive hooked into the new computer, so my question is, how would I go about locating the backup file of my phone to sync with the new iTunes so I do not lose all of my data?

Thanks
If you're using the old volume as your new computer's hard drive, you shouldn't have an issue.

If not (i.e. you've got the old volume attached as an external second drive) and you're using a Mac, I think the iPhone backup files live in user/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/. Note that this is the user Library folder, not the volume Library folder. Try replacing this folder on your new computer with the same one on your old volume.

Don't know where on Earth they live on a Windows volume. Don't forget to post your results (if any). Love to hear if you're successful.

-K