changed my background color under the settings/general/accessibility feature

vrsc

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Orlando, Fl
love the change but my battery is pink ? Why pink? anyway to change the battery color or any other colors without jailbreaking?

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
Why pink? Well, survey says pink has a calming effect in jail. (Our Sheriff Joe A. makes all inmates wear pink underwear). So I guess the pink battery is supposed to deter would-be-jailbreakers. Get it? pink/jail/jailbreaking... Sorry, that joke needs some work.:)

Woody1776

Bronze
Feb 26, 2008
DFW
All that does is invert the colors. Its supposed to provide higher contrast to people who can see very well, if I'm not mistaken. Pink is the opposite of green, so that's why it turns pink.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I think some people with severe colorblindness need the extreme contrast to distinguish the different objects. That's why it's an accessibility option, and not a background preference.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
It is also for using the phone in bright sunlight. This is a feature exclusive to the 3GS I believe. Wish we could change the colors of all the parts of the device (black background, grey bar), text on top) whatever colors we wanted. That would be a REALLY EASY thing to do and a lot of people would like it.

vrsc

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Orlando, Fl
All that does is invert the colors. Its supposed to provide higher contrast to people who can see very well, if I'm not mistaken. Pink is the opposite of green, so that's why it turns pink.
true... sounds about right

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
I thought with a White iPhone the White background may lookgood.... How wrong I was ;)