Changed my mind about getting the Apple Watch

Loquutis

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 27, 2010
Mississauga
Damn, damn, DAMN! Why did I visit Apple today?

After all my bitching and negative comments about that damn watch, and that I would not be interested............

I'm really liking it. Now I'm worried!

Last edited by a moderator:

Loquutis

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 27, 2010
Mississauga
The only one I really like is the black "watch" with black link bracelet. But that's $1460 CDN.
The one I would get, if I actually do, would be the Space Gray "sport" model. I figure as these are "throw always" anyway why spend the bigger dollars on the sapphire and stainless. Buy the time the cheaper quality aluminum and "whatever the glass is" sport version is scratched, it will be obsolete anyway.
But boy, the black "watch" model sure is nice.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I hear Android is close to making their smart watches compatible with the iPhone. I'm not interested in the 1st gen AW.

CASEACE79

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
I hear Android is close to making their smart watches compatible with the iPhone. I'm not interested in the 1st gen AW.
Yes Android is but will have limited functionality due to Apples restrictions on which APIs developers can use. Probably won't be able to do much but read txt messages and email.

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
Europa, my main complaint is with the bands, do you really believe the prices on bands are fair? A few slomo videos on how they make them aren't enough to bamboozle me.
I do agree with both you and Europa. On the tech side this is and will be the price we pay for staying up to date with the latest and greatest technology has to offer for the time. I mean if you purchase the Apple watch now you don't have to purchase another one till software isn't supported any longer. Or you can just keep upgrading every year or 2 if you choose. Now on the bracelet side of the watch I do believe they are a bit over priced. I bought the watch but I will not be paying for different bands at those prices. I will wait till third party companies release their.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Ok here's where I am as of this AM. Yes changed my mind yet again after I was able to go for a fitting. Ordered both the sports edition 42mm cosmic gray with black band with delivery in June and the 42mm black ss with black link band (more expensive) with a July ship date, the plan is to use the sports, if I really like it I will keep the more expensive model when it ships and sell the sports edition, if I don't like it as much I will cancel the ss black order and just keep the sports edition. These watches are very nice.

Loquutis

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 27, 2010
Mississauga
Damn, damn. DAMN!!!
I pulled the trigger on a black sport model, the bigger one. I knew this would happen. Anyway, got a birthday coming around the time it ships, so that's my excuse.

After my fitting the other day I too am ready to get the space gray Sport model. I haven't ordered yet and the delivery quoted is July, more than two months out. I'm weary of Apple product shortages after release, but I guess it isn't really their fault, even with massive manufacturing capability the demand exceeds supply.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
a lot of the models have been shipping much quicker than their original quote. Especially the sport models. Mine was originally quoted as June, but I got it last week.

E_Dub

Bronze
May 23, 2008
a lot of the models have been shipping much quicker than their original quote. Especially the sport models. Mine was originally quoted as June, but I got it last week.
I have convinced myself that mine will arrive on my birthday next week...I have a ship date of 5/13-27.

Aug 1, 2007
The 42mm sport models? I wonder if those are the ones with more defects, since they have a July date on the site still. As opposed to the 38mm with 3-5 weeks.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The 42mm sport models? I wonder if those are the ones with more defects, since they have a July date on the site still. As opposed to the 38mm with 3-5 weeks.
There's a higher demand for the 42 mm.

Loquutis

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 27, 2010
Mississauga
With the Space Grey most likely the higher demand of the 42mm size. Of course this is the one I ordered.

Aug 1, 2007
With the Space Grey most likely the higher demand of the 42mm size. Of course this is the one I ordered.
Nope, I got the regular stainless steel too. It's all 42mm models, every single one of them. There's either a high demand like Europa said, or there having problems with something in that model or a shortage of the materials made for them.

Regardless.. the wait is really ridiculous for a Watch. I'm half tempted to just order the 38mm.. but I might regret it. It's saying 3-5 weeks now.

Aug 1, 2007
So we wait. And wait, and wait...,
We wait and wait. As I sit here and look at reviews online.. drooling and getting more hyped with each video I start to see. That screen does look nice though.

Loquutis

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 27, 2010
Mississauga
I must say, I am pleased with the positive reviews I am seeing. There seems to be a lot of happy customers so far, with little complaints. I'm only glad I don't have any tat's!

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
My sport space gray 42 mm just changed to preparing to ship.