Changed my mind about getting the Apple Watch

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
My GF and I broke down and ordered one each. She ordered a 38mm SS with white sport band (1-2 weeks shipping) and I ordered a 42mm SS with black sport band (4-5 weeks shipping). I heard they were shipping them sooner than the estimate initially provided at the time of order. I also recently got these cases today for each of us that included tempered glass protection. They are clear so we can still appreciate the fine craftsmanship. Gotta keep them pristine so we can sell them and recoup most of the money when gen 2 is out.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432494163.200342.jpg

Last edited:

RicK james

Bronze
Sep 5, 2011
I partly disagree with you here. Are you saying that we as consumers should keep our mouths shut and take it? Company A has a product to sell and they will charge as much as WE are willing to pay. Corporate abuse has its foundation on what you just described. Now, I do agree with you in that apple products come at a premium which allows for great costumer experience and support but selling a watch band that cost as much as the actual watch is just plain greed and abuse.
I know im late to the party but should I start complaining to Porsche because I want one but can't afford the high price? Sounds pretty ridiculous

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I know im late to the party but should I start complaining to Porsche because I want one but can't afford the high price? Sounds pretty ridiculous
Nope, not complain, just don't buy one. You are the kind that shuts up and takes it, that's your right.

Last edited:

RicK james

Bronze
Sep 5, 2011
Your right. Heaven forbid I pay the asking price and not ***** like those who can't afford it and demand they lower the price so poor people can afford it. Open a company and run it into the ground. Don't expect others to run theirs into the ground because you can't afford something that is not even a necessity

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Your right. Heaven forbid I pay the asking price and not ***** like those who can't afford it and demand they lower the price so poor people can afford it. Open a company and run it into the ground. Don't expect others to run theirs into the ground because you can't afford something that is not even a necessity
You're moving the goal post. That statement sounds very demeaning to poor people. Ok let's get back on point. I think the band price is ridiculous therefore I'm using my power as a consumer by choosing not to buy it, end of discussion. Not sure why that simple concept eludes you.

RicK james

Bronze
Sep 5, 2011
Just wanted to apologize. I was having a bad day. I just feel you can complain all day and Apple won't change he price. Want it cheaper then the masses of people shouldn't buy it. Maybe that will stir some heads though I doubt it. We Apple fans seem to pay the price regardless

Anthony Carver

Bronze
Sep 15, 2015
I am looking forward to buy one, which would be the latest and the best.

Mrallank59

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 8, 2013
Those of you that think Apple is taking advantage of us. We should band together and leave this God Forsaken forum. Y'all go first. I'll join you, later. I have to update all my evil Apple devices first

davistld01

Sep 16, 2007
Springfield, MO. USA
After weeks of fence-sitting, I actually had an Apple Watch for a little over a day...before I took it back. I felt a bit foolish spending $400 on a device that did so little. If the Gen-2 watch has a broader feature set maybe I'll reconsider, but as a first release device, I think it's grossly overpriced & over hyped.

Hinezy

Contributor
Silver
May 24, 2008
Mt.Carmel, PA
After weeks of fence-sitting, I actually had an Apple Watch for a little over a day...before I took it back. I felt a bit foolish spending $400 on a device that did so little. If the Gen-2 watch has a broader feature set maybe I'll reconsider, but as a first release device, I think it's grossly overpriced & over hyped.
I'm currently excitedly awaiting my Apple Watch! I couldn't resist the Best Buy $299 dollar sale.
What I don't get about your comment is it doing so little!? Most mid range watches cost more and all they do is tell the time, well some also tell the date too. I always wear a watch so it just makes sense to me. I guess if you're not a watch guy I can kind of see your point.

If you want the 38mm and are down with Best Buys open box deals you can get it for $212! That's Fitbit territory!