Changes through updates...?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
So my question is this, how flexible and adaptable is the iPhone to the updates that Apple can do. Alot of the stuff that the iPhone is "missing" doesn't concern me as much, for example the cut and past, so im leaning towards getting the iPhone v1 as soon as possible.

This is assuming that there will be updates that fix certain things. Essentially what my question is, is that, could Apple for example put out an update that would allow the horizontal keyboard for texting as talked about in another thread. Is that something that could potentially be done through an update. If so, i see a bright future for the v1 iPhone. Obviously they couldn't update (or i think its obvious) the memory on the phone, but could they fix the copy-paste function software on v1 through an update?

If iPhone v1, is pretty much set how it is and very few modifications will come through updates and the SDK release, then maybe im not so eager to get it right away. What are you guys' opinions on this?

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
So my question is this, how flexible and adaptable is the iPhone to the updates that Apple can do. Alot of the stuff that the iPhone is "missing" doesn't concern me as much, for example the cut and past, so im leaning towards getting the iPhone v1 as soon as possible.

This is assuming that there will be updates that fix certain things. Essentially what my question is, is that, could Apple for example put out an update that would allow the horizontal keyboard for texting as talked about in another thread. Is that something that could potentially be done through an update. If so, i see a bright future for the v1 iPhone. Obviously they couldn't update (or i think its obvious) the memory on the phone, but could they fix the copy-paste function software on v1 through an update?

If iPhone v1, is pretty much set how it is and very few modifications will come through updates and the SDK release, then maybe im not so eager to get it right away. What are you guys' opinions on this?

any software update they CAN do the question is if they are going to copy&paste, landscape keyboard, video capture, mms, thos are all very possible just a matter of if they will get done or not...obviouse a better camera(not that it needs it), more memory, faster processor, are all hardware and they cant change that through a simple update...hooe this helped your decision..GO GET ONE in my opinion

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
any software update they CAN do the question is if they are going to copy&paste, landscape keyboard, video capture, mms, thos are all very possible just a matter of if they will get done or not...obviouse a better camera(not that it needs it), more memory, faster processor, are all hardware and they cant change that through a simple update...hooe this helped your decision..GO GET ONE in my opinion
thanks for the reply. Yeah it is a matter of whether they make those updates or not. Whats positive is that the things i want changed in the iPhone are all possible through the updates. The memory, speed and that stuff aren't as much an issue for me. But the issue now is that i've waited this long, shouldn't i just wait it out till version 2 where i won't have to worry about this stuff.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The bottom line is, if it's a software issue, not a hardware issue, an update can fix it. There's no guarantee it will happen though.

- John