Changing carrier logo capability gone in customize?

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I just upgraded to jailbreaked 1.1.3 yesterday and now, I can't change the carrier logo in customize. I used to have this option available but it's not even here anymore.

Am I missing something?

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
huh, oddly enough i didn't realize till i read your post that i couldnt do that on 1.1.3 either. but i remember doing it before

cubbie5150

Bronze
Dec 16, 2007
I thought Customize wasn't even working in 1.1.3 yet.. It wouldn't even open (v.1.21) when I installed it...it would load the Spicy Chicken logo page, then snp back to homescreen)...

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I thought Customize wasn't even working in 1.1.3 yet.. It wouldn't even open (v.1.21) when I installed it...it would load the Spicy Chicken logo page, then snp back to homescreen)...
I always have the same problem when I re-install customize after jailbreaking. Here is the solution I have found:

1/ After installing customize, install some customize themes. If you don't have any theme at all, customize will crash.

2/ Hard reset (hold home button and start button until iPhone shuts down) your phone after installing customize and after installing a theme.

3/ If you have followed these steps, now simply be patient and open customize a few times. Usually it takes me 10 tries to have it open. I sometimes restart the phone between each try too.

Once customize opens, you don't have any problem with it anymore afterward.