Changing computer. Will i lose applications?

ox-boy

Sep 25, 2008
Hi,

Thinking about purchasing the TomTom application, however im going to upgrade my iPhone in a few months and probably my laptop.

If i do either of these will i lose the TomTom application after shelling out £60?

Can someone explain how it all works please?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You won't lose any apps. You can always just download them again for free because iTunes keeps a record of your purchased apps. The easiest way is to put your account info in the new computer and transfer purchases.

Jul 14, 2008
You won't lose any apps. You can always just download them again for free because iTunes keeps a record of your purchased apps. The easiest way is to put your account info in the new computer and transfer purchases.
But make sure you de-authorize your old computer in iTunes before you get rid of it (or even just reformat/reinstall your OS) cause otherwise iTunes will still see it as an "authorized" computer. (I found this out the hard way).

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
But make sure you de-authorize your old computer in iTunes before you get rid of it (or even just reformat/reinstall your OS) cause otherwise iTunes will still see it as an "authorized" computer. (I found this out the hard way).
I did too. It's not too big of deal though. Once you get to your max, which is 5, you can unauthorize them.

ldivinag

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
N37 33* W122 3*
I did too. It's not too big of deal though. Once you get to your max, which is 5, you can unauthorize them.
so lets say i maxed out at five.

the first 4 i don't even used or own anymore. but #5 has all my music, apps, etc.

when i unauthorize all 5, and then reauthorize just one, say #5, will everything be like it was before?

thanks...

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Once you get to five, you can unauthorize the ones you don't want and keep the ones you still want to use.