Changing Facebook (and other) Icon! Help!

Mar 18, 2009
I’m a HUGE Fan of the Litho Theme for the iPhone. As you can see in my screenshot, I have a few icons that have not yet been converted to the “Litho” theme. I want to go ahead and change the icons myself using SSH.

So far, I’ve found the directory of the apps (like facebook), here:
private/var/mobile/applications/(many different numbers)/facebook.app

When I go there I see the icon.png file and I replace it with the newly created icon (Litho style). When I restart the iPhone the Facebook App Icon is a white block…. that’s it.

I believe I’m saving the PNG with the right dimensions, etc. If anyone can confirm them I would greatly appreciate it.

Something I am doing wrong? THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP! :D

Attachments

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Use WinterBoard. Just drop your icon (named Facebook.png) into the Icons folder of your theme, and it'll appear.

Mar 18, 2009
ok, going to try this when I get home today. I thought I had already tried this before but I will double check and post with screenies. Thanks again! =D

Mar 18, 2009
oh man it worked! Just wanted to say thanks again! :D

How would I change other app icons? What file name am I looking for when I create the PNG icon?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Change the icons in the theme folder, not the app folder. Go to library and then themes in SSH. The new icons that you make or get off the web will need to be given the name of the app, like iPod.png. Keep in mind that it is case sensitive, so it won't work if you name it IPod.png or ipod.png.