Changing Fonts on iPhone 4

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Hey guys, I've noticed that this question is getting asked more and more recently on here and elsewhere. I can't steal all the credit as, Europa (who was helped by Kaba) provided me with links to get the job done.

Right, the system font on the iPhone 4 is, Helvetica and HelveticaNeue. They are both .ttc files.

These two files are located: /System/Library/Fonts/Cache

What you need to do is SSH in and copy these two files and create back-ups. Then find an iPhone 4 ported font, rename the two files so they say 'Helvetica.ttc' and 'HelveticaNeue.ttc' - make sure you name the fonts correctly.

Then literally drag the the new fonts into /System/Library/Fonts/Cache and overwrite the existing Helvetica files and respring the device. You now have a new system font.

If you look below, I'm using, Neutraface 2.

Enjoy.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I can't take the credit, either. KabaModern provided me with links and directions. :)

Nice theme, it looks great!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I can't take the credit, either. KabaModern provided me with links and directions. :)

Nice theme, it looks great!
Well, as a community, we've helped each other. My theme is nowhere where I want it to be. I need a new dock and a high-res wallpaper. I want the dock you've got lol. It's brilliant.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I can't PM you, but I can email you!

PM me your email address and I'll send you the font.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
To all those who PM'd me overnight, I should have sent the font out to all of you.

FYI - I didn't create the font, so I can't take any credit for passing information on.

{StatuSChecKa}

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2010
NorCal
^ haha nice.
I went to iPhoneRuler, site is put together nicely.
But the Font I downloaded does not change the fonts in the settings, such as the text of Airplane Mode, Wi-Fi, Notifications, ect. What is the OEM font used for that stuff?

Reactions: annamalik0911

nepali

Bronze
Jul 2, 2010
Texas
To all those who PM'd me overnight, I should have sent the font out to all of you.

FYI - I didn't create the font, so I can't take any credit for passing information on.
Thank you! It's in my inbox. I will give it a try after I get home today.