Changing message, email tones

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

stiphone

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Tucson, Arizona
Does anyone have any idea how to change the Message, Email and Alarm tones in the iPhone. I've been able to change the ringtones but I would really love to change the rest of the tones. Thanks. any help will be greatly appreciated. :laugh2:

Not sure if it's posted in the forum already but I have not find it during my search.

DiBxna

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
in scottsdale, AZ
www.myspace.com
Does anyone have any idea how to change the Message, Email and Alarm tones in the iPhone. I've been able to change the ringtones but I would really love to change the rest of the tones. Thanks. any help will be greatly appreciated. :laugh2:

Not sure if it's posted in the forum already but I have not find it during my search.
here ya go fella: all you have to do is find the sound file you want to replace the default one with and rename it to the name "new-mail.caf" or whichever file it is youre replacing

cd /System/Library/Audio/UISounds
/System/Library/Audio/UISounds/new-mail.caf
/System/Library/Audio/UISounds/sms-received.caf
/System/Library/Audio/UISounds/alarm.caf

have fun

DiBxna

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
in scottsdale, AZ
www.myspace.com
right now i have the following:

"bye bye" -mario for my phone lock sound
"good morning" -arnold schwarzenneger for my unlock sound
"youve got mail" AOL style for my new email alert sound
"DOH" homer simpson for my camera shutter sound

just working on what song i want for my new text message sound... then ill be adding that too

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Lol.. damn looks like good progress is being made in this .. I haven't changed ringtones or the sounds yet i think im going to really soon now

DiBxna

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
in scottsdale, AZ
www.myspace.com
Lol.. damn looks like good progress is being made in this .. I haven't changed ringtones or the sounds yet i think im going to really soon now
if i knew where i could get ahold of the default .png files that came preinstalled on the phone i could change literally everything.. even down to the color of the call button... or the symbol for having voicemail, or like the background color when you press the keypad on the phone or the color of the title bar at the top of the screen... i just need to get ahold of the .png files damnit!:mad:

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Lol you don't wanna change every file it begins to make the phone look n00bie and shitty ... someone posted a whole zip file with every png file iphone-pics.zip

tarfan

Jun 15, 2007
anyway to get these

right now i have the following:

"bye bye" -mario for my phone lock sound
"good morning" -arnold schwarzenneger for my unlock sound
"youve got mail" AOL style for my new email alert sound
"DOH" homer simpson for my camera shutter sound

just working on what song i want for my new text message sound... then ill be adding that too
anyway you could send these to me i would really like them

SiLeNtKiLLa

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta
I take it that theres an size limit on the sms-received.caf file because everytime I try to putfile the new tone, iPhoneinterface.exe closes. The file is 300k that im trying to push over, trying to figure out how to make file size smaller, its the tone, that keeps repeating message till it starts screaming.

Now the default tone doesn't work, even though file didn't get pushed, but its all good, will just find a different tone. Or if anyone have the default, do you mind posting?