Changing name of playlist on iPhone

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
I used to just click twice on my playlist name and it would highlight it all in black and I could change the name.

I have tried and tried and nothing gives me the option to change the names of my playlists on my iPhone. It does it on the iTunes section.

Does anyone know how to make that change?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I just change the name in iTunes and sync it.

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
That is where i am trying to change it, in iTunes. When I plug the phone in and it shows up in iTunes, my playlists show up, but if you click (mulitple times, right click, etc) it does not create the box around the playlist name so you can edit it.

If I go to my playlists that are in iTunes (below where the iPhone lists show up) I can click twice on them and a box appears around them and I can edit the names.

Do you have to create the playlists in iTunes and then sync or copy to the iPhone? the iPhone playlists seem uneditable.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
That is where i am trying to change it, in iTunes. When I plug the phone in and it shows up in iTunes, my playlists show up, but if you click (mulitple times, right click, etc) it does not create the box around the playlist name so you can edit it.

If I go to my playlists that are in iTunes (below where the iPhone lists show up) I can click twice on them and a box appears around them and I can edit the names.

Do you have to create the playlists in iTunes and then sync or copy to the iPhone? the iPhone playlists seem uneditable.
Pretty sure you have to edit the playlist in iTunes and then sync.