changing PC's

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 1, 2007
so im gonna get a new PC and i wanted to know what would happen if i synced my iPhone on that PC

would it delete my contacts,songs,etc...?
and if it does is there a good way to transfer everything to my new PC?

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
just make sure you deselect "auto synce once connected" before you plugg in your iPhone and you should be good.
i did a quick google search and found this
http://www.dvd-ipod.biz/iPhone_to_pc_transfer.html
it allowes you to transfer all yoru songs/videos whatever from your iPhone to your new computer. it cost money but the trial is free to download which might just be all you need since your just gonna use it once.

Aug 1, 2007
wait so what about the contacts and stuff?
if i sync it for songs i add on will my contacts and stuff get erased?

Last edited by a moderator:

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
wait so wat about the contacts and stuff?
if i sync it for songs i add on will my contacts and stuff get erased?

If I remember correctly, if you have the "update contacts " checked it will give you some sort of warning and then give you the option of Replace or Merge. Select merge and you should be fine. I sync mine with multiple computers all the time.
I also have my iTunes on all computers checked to NOT automaticly sync the iPhone once you put it in the cradle to make sure it doesn't erase anything in case you forget. Just remember to Uncheck all selections such as photos, music, video, movies etc.. otherwise it Will erase everything. My work computer only has the contacts selected.

Hope that helps answer your questions :laugh2:

sealevel

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Belleair, Florida
so im gonna get a new PC and i wanted to know what would happen if i synced my iPhone on that PC

would it delete my contacts,songs,etc...?
and if it does is there a good way to transfer everything to my new PC?
If you are buying a mac, then it transfers everything to your new computer during initial setup and you are all set.

Jul 29, 2007
If I remember correctly, if you have the "update contacts " checked it will give you some sort of warning and then give you the option of Replace or Merge. Select merge and you should be fine. I sync mine with multiple computers all the time.
I also have my iTunes on all computers checked to NOT automaticly sync the iPhone once you put it in the cradle to make sure it doesn't erase anything in case you forget. Just remember to Uncheck all selections such as photos, music, video, movies etc.. otherwise it Will erase everything. My work computer only has the contacts selected.

Hope that helps answer your questions :laugh2:[/quote/]

So, you have been syncing you iPhone with mutiple computer, PCs? It places you contacts on the second computer? How about the calendar? I have mine synced at home, but would like to be able to sync it at work for the calendar and contacs. Thanks.

Craig