Changing System Font Locked My 3G

Winnie

Jul 25, 2011
Hey Europa,

Can u help me with my iPhone 3g. I tried changing my system font through cydia, but it stuck up my phone the Apple sign just showing on the screen but unable to open the main screen.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You'll need to access the iPhone's file system with your computer and try to replace the stock system font. Do you have a PC or a Mac? Is OpenSSH installed on the iPhone? Which firmware version do you have on your iPhone? Is it unlocked or are you using AT&T? Is iTunes recognizing the iPhone?

Winnie

Jul 25, 2011
You'll need to access the iPhone's file system with your computer and try to replace the stock system font. Do you have a PC or a Mac? Is OpenSSH installed on the iPhone? Which firmware version do you have on your iPhone? Is it unlocked or are you using AT&T? Is iTunes recognizing the iPhone?
Yeah, i have a pc i think i know i installed that open SSH on my iPhone. Im using unlocked and jailbroken iPhone...i'm not really sure about the firmware of this, all i know its iPhone 3g 16gb and i tried changing the system font using the cydia.

Winnie

Jul 25, 2011
My iTunes, recognizes the iPhone.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Do you have WinSCP installed? You should if you set up OpenSSH. Open it and see if you can get into the file system of the phone. The other option is to use iPhoneBrowser and connect to the computer via USB.

Was it on 3.x or 4.x? Do you know if you used the iPad baseband to unlock?

Were you using Bytafont to change the font?

Winnie

Jul 25, 2011
I don't have the WinScp. My own wS 3.x.... Yeah, i'm using bytafont, to change the font....

I tried restoring my iPhone connecting to iTunes, but it kept disconnecting ... It says, there's a problem in network coonection. Connection timed out. It's always like that, eversince my phone was working... Im encountering the same problem whenenver m connecting my phone on iTunes and tried downloading and updating....