Changing text wrapping / width of iPhone SMS text bubbles ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Riva, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Riva

Riva New Member

Hi,
    For a long time I have problem with how iPhones native SMS app wraps text in messages.
    I usually end up with something like this..
    580943d1334834518-changing-text-wrapping-width-iphone-sms-text-bubbles-img_0418-copy.jpg

..which really sucks (and is so lame Apple!) especialy with long sms.

I found screencapst like this on the net..
    580945d1334834760-changing-text-wrapping-width-iphone-sms-text-bubbles-blacksms2.jpg

.. wondered where might be the difference and thought that some tweak might exist for it ?

I tryed to google around it, but no luck so as last resort I decided to ask here.
    Be glad for any advice. Thanks

Or alternatively, if you don't know of any mod/fix for this, can you recommend a good 3rd party SMS app ? (preferably with same design as the native one)

2. TheKrishna

TheKrishna New Member

Don't know about the bubble width, however as for 3rd party SMS I would go with bitesms

3. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

Yes, I believe the screenshot you found on the net is from a jailbroken app like BiteSMS or iRealSMS due to the different colors of the text bubbles and custom background. I'm not aware of them making the width of texts wider but that may be the case.

4. Riva

Riva New Member

The screen is from native iPhone SMS app with some bubble color tweak (from Cydia). Not from 3rd party app.

5. Riva

Riva New Member

I just installed BiteSMS (iOS4) and it shows SMS the same as original SMS app. Ie in stupid tall bubbles instead of filling most of the screen width :(
    (Help !)