changing the icon pictures

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Archives' started by vinnyatbellsouth, Dec 31, 2007.

1. vinnyatbellsouth

Bronze

hey everyone i just want to say i love the website without u guys i would be lost with the iPhone.. with that being said i need your help i want to know if there is a way to change the pictures on the icons on the main page.. i learned how to move the icons around but still cant figure out how to change the pictures on them? thanks for your help in advance.... :cool:

2. KNK

KNK New Member

Customize summerboard

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. vinnyatbellsouth

Bronze

Where do I get that and how does of work? Is there a link that has instrustution

5. KNK

KNK New Member

Is your phone jailbroken? Do You want to jailbreak?

6. HELPmepLox

HELPmepLox New Member
    Bronze

yes summerboard works great with all those theme i was also wondering is it possible to mix and match?
    some icons on one theme and than others along with other theme is there a way?

7. vinnyatbellsouth

Bronze

yeah my phone is jail broken I have downloaded the summer boards but what I want to do is what the person above said pick your own pictures to replace the ones u don't want? Any help with that? Thank u

8. KNK

KNK New Member

Thank _Brill for this:

If you download a theme from elsewhere, the chances are it's been designed to be Summerboard compatible.

You would usually just download the theme,, unzip it, and then copy the theme folder to: Var/Root/Library/Summerboard/Themes

in your iPhone. If you do that, then the theme will appear in SMB prefs and can be applied

9. HELPmepLox

HELPmepLox New Member
    Bronze

so in otherwords i like some of the icon theme from REALIZE and a few others from Louie Mantia i would beable to mix and match and create a theme with the exact icons i want?

10. vinnyatbellsouth

Bronze

that's what I'm trying to do myself but I don't know how to do what he is saying is there any step by step instruction

11. wendycharles

wendycharles New Member
    Bronze

vnny..how long did it take to jailbreak your phone? how did you do it?

12. jjvaldez

jjvaldez New Member
    Gold

aight this is what i did back when i was modded, get mobile finder and find the themes folder and then go into the theme that you like, find the icons that you like copy [one at a time] each icon that you like then take it into the folder of the theme that you want it in, the icon that you pasted will override the icon that was there before.

you do all this with the phone without having to plug it in... hope that this helps and that this is what you wanted to do...

13. vinnyatbellsouth

Bronze

fast

not long at all may be 15 min and it was real easy. u need to thank chris716
    but i don't think his a memeber anymore but i got it from his post it was quick and easy if u need any help just reply back have fun!:cool:

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/this-is-how-to-jailbreak-a-1-1-2-otb-iphone.16428/

also remember if u go to get your phone repaired u neeed to restore to the original settings if not your phone is void.. well thats what i was told..

14. ArEa_CoDe_415

ArEa_CoDe_415 Member

Thanks......Damn I didn't know that it was that easy.

15. jjvaldez

jjvaldez New Member
    Gold

no problem.. i got into modding for a while and started making my own themes from all the ones that i liked and then i just got bored one day and went back to stock...

16. vinnyatbellsouth

Bronze

the sad part I still can do it I don't know what file too look in