Changing the name on the iPhone 4.

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by Quincy, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Quincy

Quincy New Member

Hey everyone; I'm new here, but I hope you might be able to help me with a problem we are having.
    Does anyone know how to change the name on your iPhone?
    The thing is I bought 2 iPhones last week on a family plan, and when ever my partner makes a
    call my name shows up on the ID. We both have our own separate phone numbers, but we have different last names. Is there anyway we can change the name on his iPhone to his name but leave my name on my phone?
    Thanks in advace :)

2. ed2438

ed2438 Contributor
    Bronze

you might have to call your carrier to have the caller id changed on that line. who do you have for service?

3. RUcollegeBoy

RUcollegeBoy New Member

Sounds like something your service provider would have to assist you with. It's not a matter of changing the name on the iPhone itself- it's the name on the cell phone service account that is showing up.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

4. greasemuntney

greasemuntney Member
    Bronze

Just edit your partner's number in your phone address book list and then when they call it will show the name you assigned to them in your address book inside the phone.

You can name then anything and that is what will show up when they call.

5. Dennyd

Dennyd New Member

Correct Caller ID is controlled by the phone service. If the incoming calling phone number matches a number in the phone receiving the call the name in their phonebook associated with that number will be displayed. Otherwise what is displayed is the name the primary name on the account with the service provider or in some cases just cellular call nay appear.

6. Quincy

Quincy New Member

Thanks guys I'll give it a try. Appreciate all your help.