Changing the sort order of Notes

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by iPutz, Oct 16, 2013.

1. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Why can't I change the sort order of notes that I have entered in the Notes app that comes with the iPhone?!?!?! I can't believe that I am the only one who objects to the way iOS handles this but I've searched through the Web and this forum, for information on this topic, and found the answer is you cannot change the sort order. Sorting the notes by date entered or changed is absurd because that results in the location of a particular note constantly being changed as it is changed or other notes are changed and added. I have about 35 notes entered in my phone with information that I sometimes need frequently and sometimes not so often and allowing notes to be sorted by title alphebetically would make much more sense and result in a particular note being considerably easier to find when needed. I have submitted an enhancement request to Apple through their Feedback page and maybe if more of us, who would prefer alphabetical listing, did the same we could get it changed.

2. debbiep

debbiep Member
    Bronze

Been wondering that myself.

Sent using iCafe app

3. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

They will probably wait and make alphabetical sorting available when they need some "game-changer" feature to really convince people to upgrade to the newest iOS they are putting out. ;)

Sent using iCafe app

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

In app texting maybe, but I don't think this would tempt anyone to upgrade. I think a lot of people prefer it the way it is. I sure do. I like to see my most recently updated notes at the top of the list. I doubt they will change it, but they might add a sort order option for those who want to switch to alphabetical.