changing your icons

teambash

Bronze
Aug 20, 2008
Can someone please send me in the right direction of a good link or video of how to?
Thanks
Is changing your icons just deleting the png file and dropinging in a new one or more complicated?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
There are two ways you can do it.

1) Replace the app's icon.png file. Name the icon you want icon.png and drop it inside of the app via SSH. You'll be asked to overwrite the original - do so.

2) If you don't want to totally loose the original icon, use WinterBoard. Create a theme ( a folder). Then, inside that folder, create another and call it "Icons". Inside that, place the icons you want to use, named appropriately. (An icon for the Phone app would be named Phone.png, and icon for Super Monkey Ball would be named Monkey Ball.png, etc. Whatever the app icon label is on the home screen, that's your name.) Themes can also include wallpapers, docks, and other images. WinterBoard themes go in this directory:

/Library/Themes

crupp

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Atlanta
All true. THough I have found DiskAid to be much less complicated and no reason to have SSH installed on your phone.

teambash

Bronze
Aug 20, 2008
Ok I cant seem to get it to work through winterboard. Maybe i am retarded. But I have followed all advice and no chango. Any guides on how to do this?

alpine3g

Bronze
Aug 6, 2008
Do the icons have to be a certin format? image size? etc?

Questionmark

Bronze
Sep 3, 2008
I can't figure this out for the life of me, but is there a website where you can download specific icons instead of making icons yourself? I find making icons very time consuming and while I'm not lazy, I just don't think I have the creativity like some people here do.