charger only works half the time...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
ok when the first time this happened to me i was freaking out cause i usually only charge my phone when it is close to dead, so i used my old charger for a day or two and then tried the new one again before i got another one. then about a week later, its not working again, on the wall anyways, so i am charging it right now on the computer, but i really need to use it from the wall. can anyone tell me why its doing this? and both times this has happened i checked to see if everything was plugged in ok and made sure there was no dirt or anything blocking the charge port. thanks in advance

Jul 15, 2007
I would take it in to an Apple store and have them take a look at it.
had the same problem - drove me nuts. reset didn't fix it but a replacement charger did. i did it over the phone because everytime i took it to the store, the damn charger worked! damn murphy and his laws of nature...

Xtgirl

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
I was just about to return my charger for this exact problem when it started working again. Was it hard to get them to exchange it over the phone. I guess I will probably wait and see if it stops working again, and if it does try to exchange it. I will always be worried that when I get to the store it will start to work again and make me look like an idiot:(

Jul 15, 2007
I was just about to return my charger for this exact problem when it started working again. Was it hard to get them to exchange it over the phone. I guess I will probably wait and see if it stops working again, and if it does try to exchange it. I will always be worried that when I get to the store it will start to work again and make me look like an idiot:(
i went to the store. looked like an idiot because it worked there. that smug Apple store guy was not friendly. i got on the phone and some nice guy from india (probably) helped me with that request. pretty painless. it was the Apple support number of their website. the nice thing is that you can apparently dial 611 on the AT&T (worst network ever) and get connected to the Apple iPhone support. its all integrated i guess.

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
had the same problem - drove me nuts. reset didn't fix it but a replacement charger did. i did it over the phone because everytime i took it to the store, the damn charger worked! damn murphy and his laws of nature...
yes don't take your wire only take the wall charger, that way they cant check it.