Charging cable problem

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by rtermeer70, Mar 5, 2013.

1. rtermeer70

rtermeer70 New Member

I keep getting a message on my screen that reads "Charging not supported with this accessory". I'm using the charging cable that came with my iPhone 5. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Sent using iCafe app

2. rtermeer70

rtermeer70 New Member

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1362498401.139908.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Might be some dust or other gunk got in the charging port of the device. Try a few blasts of compressed air. May help. ?

Sent using iCafe app

4. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Is this an intermittent problem? I see from the screen capture that you can apparently charge the phone in one way or another as it shows a 99% battery level. Are you using the charging cube and lightning cable from Apple? Try plugging the charging cord into a USB port on your computer, when it is running, to charge your phone. If you get the same message on the phone again, the problem may be with the charging cord. No message? Then the charging cube is suspect. Good luck with it and let us know how you make out.

5. rtermeer70

rtermeer70 New Member

Thanks for the replies. Yes it was doing the same thing when the cord was plugged into the USB port of my desk top. I went to Apple And they replaced the cord for me. Thanks again for all the help.

Sent using iCafe app

6. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Glad to hear that you solved the problem, thanks for letting us know.