Charging Concern?

Jul 25, 2007
Hey everyone,
I notice with my 3G when charging that there are times while charging that the battery meter at the top of the screen will show that the phone is fully charged though I just plugged the phone in not too long before this. When this occurs, I go to the unlock screen to see the battery progress and it isn't at all full there. The full charge symbol at the top of the screen does go back to charging within a minute or so. Just want to know if anyone else has experienced this problem and if it is at all a problem.. Also, with my first generation iPhone, I would just charge it overnight when the battery was low. Is this safe for the 3G also? Will this eventually weaken the batteries charge or overcharge the battery? Thanks for any input.

AJ

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
I get this symbol at times too. It just means that you that the phone is running on the host, but not charging. It's annoying and something they hopefully fix in a future update...

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
im glad im not the only one, its really struggling to charge. takes ages to get to 100% thought it was because I was jailbroken.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Also, with my first generation iPhone, I would just charge it overnight when the battery was low. Is this safe for the 3G also? Will this eventually weaken the batteries charge or overcharge the battery? Thanks for any input.
AJ
This method is perfectly fine. It won't weaken or overcharge the battery.

jdk2

Bronze
Dec 2, 2008
Stratford, NJ
im glad im not the only one, its really struggling to charge. takes ages to get to 100% thought it was because I was jailbroken.
If you're using the computer's USB port to charge, it's slower than using a wall charger.