Charging iPhone Everyday

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 3, 2007
Does everyone have to charge their iPhone everynight? Since the 1.1.1 update I get horrible battery life and have to charge the phone everynight. Pre the update I would get decent battery life and could go 2 days without charging. My settings are:
Lowest Brightness
No Wifi/Bluetooth
Check Mail Every 15 minutes

My Times are about:
17 Hours Standby
2 Hours Use

shawn

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Put your email setting to check "manually", and I think that you will get better life.

I get about 36 hours before the level gets to the point I get nervous. I have two AC chargers, one for home(Apple) and a DLO power bug I carry around with me. Since charging time is pretty fast, I'm charging at work occasionally, and the other half of the time I'm doing it at night @ home.

I use my car charger rather infrequently.

One gripe about Apple I have always had is the lack of battery swap capability. A real convenience in an MP3 player, but much more so in a phone, especially one used for businesss.

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Does everyone have to charge their iPhone everynight? Since the 1.1.1 update I get horrible battery life and have to charge the phone everynight. Pre the update I would get decent battery life and could go 2 days without charging. My settings are:
Lowest Brightness
No Wifi/Bluetooth

My Times are about:
17 Hours Standby
2 Hours Use
The info here might be of some help to you. Good luck!

Aug 3, 2007
Thanks for your response. I will do the suggestions. I don't like having to check my mail manually, which i make up for by sacrificing brightness, wifi, and bluetooth but I will try it out. i hope Apple introduces a software fix!

thanks

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
sounds odd. i have the same settings you have and get over a day with about 50% left with about 3.5 hours of usage. so great as compared to some, but solid nonetheless. perhaps go ask someone at an Apple store about it, unless you hacked or unlocked it, then don't ... ;)

but that is low as compared to mine. if you did hack it, make sure SSH is off if you installed the services app, as that helps out battery life quite a bit.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Yup, I have the same issues as you. Battery lasts one day if I am lucky. This is not good, as charging the battery more often, will mean it will eventually die quicker. Which of course means having to send it back to Apple for them to install a new battery.

Lowest Brightness
No Wifi/Bluetooth

My Times are about:
17 Hours Standby
2 Hours Use

dwcerra

Aug 20, 2007
Well I charge my iPhone nightly....as I always have done with all my cell phones. Typically I make a few calls, do a few texts, listen to about 1-2 hrs of music on it at the gym and maybe check email on it once and at the I have never gone under 2/3 of a full charge....typically I'm at about 3/4 of a charge by the time I go to bed at night.

Lowest Brightness
No Wifi/Bluetooth

My Times are about:
17 Hours Standby
2 Hours Use