Charging iPhone Tricks?

Jul 3, 2007
Since I got the iPhone, I haven't been able to get the power indicator to read over 20% charged (usually it says it is at 5%). The phone does seem to work well otherwise, but I am worried about having it die at an inopportune time.

The people at Apple couldn't explain why it was happening or how to fix it. Anyone else have any ideas?

Sack

Jul 3, 2007
That's a strange problem that I haven't personally encountered. My only suggestion is to insist that they exchange your phone for a new, flawless model. I have to imagine they'd be willing to do this, especially given Apple's desire to avoid negative PR and public bug reports.

It's not your job to figure out a workaround for a clear defect---it's their job to provide you with a product of good/fair/average quality as compared to identical-but-not-crippled iPhones sold to everyone else.

Professor

Jul 4, 2007
Have seen several of these and restoring the software, via iTunes, worked in all but one case. It may be hardware or software, no way to know until you do the restore.

iobzidian

Jul 9, 2007
right, i noticed when the phone is connected for charging and in use, i.e. Syncing or nessing around with it, the drain on the battery is enough to not let it full charge. Have you left it standby mode or locked eith the screen blank while charging?

If so, then i would go to Apple and request for a new one. Show them the problem, they are good ppl about this sort of stuff and help you out.