Charging my iPad

mytiabear

Dec 5, 2011
How long is it suppose to take to fully charge an iPad 3? Mine literally takes 24 hours, but I also let it run out to 20% battery life. Is that normal charge time?

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
How long is it suppose to take to fully charge an iPad 3? Mine literally takes 24 hours, but I also let it run out to 20% battery life. Is that normal charge time?
It does take quite some time to fully charge it. A LOT of battery(ies) in there to juice up. But a full 24 hours does seem a bit long. I drained mine to 5% last night. Plugged it in and left it. Was 100% when I looked this morning around 8am.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Yes, I've learned, it charges way faster when plugged directly into the wall. I have mine plugged into a power strip with five slots in it. My iPhone is plugged into it too. Over night I can always get to 100% on both the iPad 3 and the iPhone. I'm usually charging the iPad 3 from 40, 50 or 60% though.

One night I didn't Plug my iPad 3 in like I usually do and when I got up in the morning it was at 63%. I plugged it directly into the wall and within an hour and 1/2 it got up to 100%.

Wall plug is the fastest way! Oh yeah, and use the original USB and plug that came with the iPad 3. If you use the iPhone plug, I don't think you'll get a fast charge and the plug will get hot. The iPad 3 uses a lot of power and the iPhone plug does not provide that power.