Charging my iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mytiabear, Jun 27, 2012.

1. mytiabear

mytiabear New Member

How long is it suppose to take to fully charge an iPad 3? Mine literally takes 24 hours, but I also let it run out to 20% battery life. Is that normal charge time?

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

It does take quite some time to fully charge it. A LOT of battery(ies) in there to juice up. But a full 24 hours does seem a bit long. I drained mine to 5% last night. Plugged it in and left it. Was 100% when I looked this morning around 8am.

3. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

I plug mine directly into a wall plug and it recharges from approximately 30 percent to 100 in approx. 2 hours.

4. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

If you're using a wall charger 24 hours sounds way too much. I generally can go from zero (letting it fully discharge once a month) to 100% (and a bit extra for the iPad 3) in around 9 hours.

5. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Yes, I've learned, it charges way faster when plugged directly into the wall. I have mine plugged into a power strip with five slots in it. My iPhone is plugged into it too. Over night I can always get to 100% on both the iPad 3 and the iPhone. I'm usually charging the iPad 3 from 40, 50 or 60% though.

One night I didn't Plug my iPad 3 in like I usually do and when I got up in the morning it was at 63%. I plugged it directly into the wall and within an hour and 1/2 it got up to 100%.

Wall plug is the fastest way! Oh yeah, and use the original USB and plug that came with the iPad 3. If you use the iPhone plug, I don't think you'll get a fast charge and the plug will get hot. The iPad 3 uses a lot of power and the iPhone plug does not provide that power.

6. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

I can charge from 0% to 100% overnight (7 to 8 hours). Of course this is plugged into AC power with the stock power adapter it comes with.

7. dreamer

dreamer New Member

It usually takes 7 hours to fully charge.:LOL:

8. iPad takes 7-8 hour for complete the fully recharge. Your iPad may have problem.