charging new iPhone..

starss

Apr 14, 2008
california
ok so, i basicaly just got my iPhone, and the guy said i had to charge it before i could use it. i forgot to ask, and he didn't say, but how long do i charge it? and, do i leave it on or off while charging? :confused:

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
congrats on getting you iPhone! I'm not sure if it being on or off will mater while charging it but I usually let it charge over night for the first time. But I've seen pple plug it in OTB longe enough to activate the thing and then walk out the door with it no problem. As long as you charge it up full the first time and don't let it drain compleatly dead too often your batery should last a very long time.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
It's good to let your battery completely drain after you initially charge it up to use it. I've been putting mine on the charger each night, and my battery has maybe a half or quarter charge left after a full day of using it pretty heavily.

Here's a tip: When you're not in a WiFi zone...turn off your WiFi, it will save your battery a ton of life!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
You just need to charge it until you get the Complete Charge icon (the power plug instead of the lightning bolt).

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Welcome to EIC and congrats on your new purchase. I usually leave my phone on the charger overnight, every night. If you turn the phone off while charging then it will charge faster but it charges pretty quickly while turned on anyway.