Charging problem!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

eufo

Bronze
Aug 22, 2007
Miami
The basics:

iPhone w/ about 20% battery, no mods, 1.1.1, Apple USB cable, PC Laptop with 2 USB 2.0 ports plugged into A/C.

The problem:

Tonight I've tried to charge my iPhone about 6 times. Each time the same thing occurs. I plug in the USB cable, the computer and phone make their docking sounds, the iPhone shows the lightning bolt. After about 5 mins I look at the phone and it is no longer charging. I've tried jiggling the cable and connectors to see if it was a bad connection, but that does nothing. If I unplug the cable, the computer makes its undocking sound. If I plug the cable back in, the docking sounds occur again and the lightning bolt returns. After another 5 mins it is no longer charging again. I've tried both USB ports, but get the same issue.

Anyone experience this before or have any ideas?

In the past, I've charged my phone on this computer many times without any issue.

piloting

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
turn off the iPhone and charge it. or use the supplied transformer instead through' the usb port. I notice when I charge through' the USB port, the phone get hotter, but it is much cooler to charge through' the transformer.

eufo

Bronze
Aug 22, 2007
Miami
Update:

It seems to stop charging when I receive a text message from my ex (another AT&T customer, but not iPhone). When my buddy with an iPhone texts me, it continues charging. WTF?!?

Edit:

Nevermind, it just stopped charging again and no text messages. :(