Charging question

joeg679

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I have the new 3G and an igo car charger, which lets you put different tips on it to charge different devices. My V1 iPhone charged with the ipod/iPhone tip, but the 3G doesn't. I know that there are other post about this but I have a few questions. Did Apple do this just to make us buy a charger from them? Is there a specific 3g iPhone car charger? If Apple hears a ton of complaints and decides to fix this, can it be done with a software upgrade? Thanks

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
i have no idea why Apple did this. i have my 99 dollar ihome that worked perfect with my iPhone v1 but now it wont chage my 3g! itll only play music. i read that some other older ipod/iPhone dockable electronics are doing the same thing. i hope Apple iwll fix this via update because i really don't see any reason why they did this

ejmonkey3

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
this pissed me soo off when i had the original 6ogb ipod and i used the car charger once, and then i got a classsic big storage one and an iPhone and had to get another for them to both work, and now yet again i have to buy the griffin power one. this is complete and utter bullshit. 45 bucks in like 4 years, and they cost about 50 cents to make. the worse part is im gonna go get one tomorrow and hand over another $30

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
lmao i have the griffen power one ive had it since my v1 iPhone. glad it still works with my 3g in the car. its great tho because its not connected to the cable like most are it has a usb port and u just plug i the cabe through there so you can also charge a bunch of other usb powered devices

ejmonkey3

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
lmao i have the griffen power one ive had it since my v1 iPhone. glad it still works with my 3g in the car. its great tho because its not connected to the cable like most are it has a usb port and u just plug i the cabe through there so you can also charge a bunch of other usb powered devices
yeah it is usb so i it might be more useful for other things that use usb to charge.

joeg679

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I figured it out. I have the iGo charger, but I had the wrong tip. A friend of mine got the A133 tip, which is compatible with the 3G, V1 and ipods, the B01, which I had was just an iPod charger that happened to work with the V1. I suggest you guys get the iGo and the A133, this thing is the best, it allows you to keep 1 charger forever and just buy multiple tips, for 60 bucs you can get the package with a home charger, car charger and splitter so you can charge 2 devies at once, like your phone and a friend's or your phone and earpiece. You can only buy them at Radio Shack or online.