Charging stops over USB

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

eufo

Bronze
Aug 22, 2007
Miami
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but its annoying.

I connect my phone up to the USB port on my laptop, the lighting bolt shows up and the charging begins. After only a few minutes, sometimes the lightning bolt goes away for no known reason and the battery stops charging.

If I unhook the cable and reconnect, it starts charging again. Then stops after a few minutes.

I never have this problem with the wall charger, or the USB on my desktop computer.

Any ideas?

eufo

Bronze
Aug 22, 2007
Miami
your computer might be going into sleep mode from not being active?
I'm using my laptop while it happens and hibernate is even disabled. I'm always running the laptop on a/c power because the battery lasts about 10 minutes (no joke) without it.

birdman0824

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I have a similar problem, though not quite the same. If the battery is just a little bit low and I plug it into the USB port it will start charging, then stop, then start, then stop and so on. Pretty annoying considering the Microsoft office scanner and camera wizard pops up every damn time it decides to start and stop. I think I heard about a problem with a Samsung component in the phone that causes this. Anywho, it doesn't happen if the battery is drained towards the half way mark. Crazy stuff I tell you!

eufo

Bronze
Aug 22, 2007
Miami
I have a similar problem, though not quite the same. If the battery is just a little bit low and I plug it into the USB port it will start charging, then stop, then start, then stop and so on. Pretty annoying considering the Microsoft office scanner and camera wizard pops up every damn time it decides to start and stop. I think I heard about a problem with a Samsung component in the phone that causes this. Anywho, it doesn't happen if the battery is drained towards the half way mark. Crazy stuff I tell you!
Wow, that sounds annoying as well. Mine at least holds the data connection, so it doesn't keep popping up that wizard all the time.