Charging the Battery

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bballrob, Jun 22, 2015.

1. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

OK, so I got an Apple Watch for Father's Day. Didn't open it until about 8 PM last night. Played with it a bit. Wearing it today of course.

I didn't charge the battery over night last night, and I just noticed that I'm down to 12%. I'll be heading home for lunch in about 45 minutes, and can slap it on the charger while I'm home, and if needed, bring the charger back to work this afternoon.

How long does it take to charge the Watch in full? And will charging it for an hour during lunch be enough to get me through the day?

Also, does only partially charging it affect future battery life?

#1 bballrob, Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2015
  2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

https://www.apple.com/watch/battery.html

This link states that it can go to 80% in 1.5 hours and 2.5 hours to 100%.

"Battery life varies by use, configuration, and many other factors; actual results will vary."

In some cases with products, not charging it to full battery can have an impact on the overall life, which is why it's suggested with the iPhone to let it die and be charged to 100% if you notice the battery is dieing at odd percentages. Of course, it could be different with the watch.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No, you can charge it whenever you want. It's perfectly fine to top it off throughout the day or partially charge it.