Charging time?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mrgrumble

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
Strong Island, NY
Is it me or when the iPhone is plugged into your laptop it takes so long to get a full charge. I've had it on my laptop while using my latop and its been three hours I got it about 3 days ago and never really fully charged it. Is this because it takes like an hour to charge it up to 80% and then like another 2 hours to charge the 20% more? I think I heard this somewhere.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Is it me or when the iPhone is plugged into your laptop it takes so long to get a full charge. I've had it on my laptop while using my latop and its been three hours I got it about 3 days ago and never really fully charged it. Is this because it takes like an hour to charge it up to 80% and then like another 2 hours to charge the 20% more? I think I heard this somewhere.
Mine appears to charge at the same rate whether it is plugged into a wall or a USB port and if I have it almost totally dead it takes about 3-4 hours. You are correct on the charge time, by the way.

"Most lithium-ion batteries use a fast charge to charge your device to 80% battery capacity, then switch to trickle charging. That’s about two hours of charge time to power an iPod to 80% capacity, then another two hours to fully charge it" (information taken from http://www.apple.com/batteries/)

mrgrumble

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
Strong Island, NY
Mine appears to charge at the same rate whether it is plugged into a wall or a USB port and if I have it almost totally dead it takes about 3-4 hours. You are correct on the charge time, by the way.

"Most lithium-ion batteries use a fast charge to charge your device to 80% battery capacity, then switch to trickle charging. That’s about two hours of charge time to power an iPod to 80% capacity, then another two hours to fully charge it" (information taken from http://www.apple.com/batteries/)
Thanks for replying, I know about the whole trickle charge it just seemed to be taking like 3-4 hours LOL maybe its because this is the first time I've fully charged it. I really appreciate the reply.