Charging trouble

14u2nv

Bronze
Dec 7, 2008
Since the JB on 3.0, my phone will not charge. If I connect it to an outlet, it does nothing. If I connect it to my computer, the computer sees it, and will let me ssh/remove pix/connect to iTunes, but it will not charge. what else can I look for/do. I'm to the 20% warning and dropping.

14u2nv

Bronze
Dec 7, 2008
I just did a complete restore, and now it will charge. I'm wondering if I want to JB again, as it had to have been either part of the JB or one of the winterboard changes that made me unable to charge. ANyone have any ideas?

jblazedup

Mar 31, 2009
Bay Area, Cali
Im having some similar issues with the phone. What im experiencing is my 3g gets real hot while also the battery being drained drastically to a point it dies out. Then when i try connecting it to an ac outlet it wont charge for at least 15m mins. When it does charge it charges very slowly compare prior to the up update. Ive googled around on the subject and there been many with same issue. Some say the problem might be with with notifications or push email.

the_brein

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
I left my 2g phone charging on the dock overnight and I still don't have a full battery. I had just upgraded to 3.0. don't know if thats related or not. But I know I would normally have been at full charge easily.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
This is why I tell people to wait before jailbreaking. There are going to be issues that arise that no one would have foreseen.

14u2nv

Bronze
Dec 7, 2008
But if no one does it and finds the issues, nothing will ever get done ;-)

Funny thing is that my phone lasted for two days on the one charge after I j/b it, even with me messing with ssh/iTunes/cydia/etc. It never charged once after j/b, but lasted twice as long as it has ever done. ?

eureka

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
wait so how did you resolve this im having the same problem

the_brein

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
it looks like it fixed itself for me. i charged it for 20 minutes this morning and the battery indicator went up.

I would have thought this would be a hardware problem, not a software issue. But I guess not.

14u2nv

Bronze
Dec 7, 2008
I did find that I had the battery while charge set to off, so that's why when I connected my phone it never said charging, but that still doesn't explain why it wouldn't charge. I left it on the charger for over an hour, and it still said 20%. The restore fixed it, I've re j/b'n it since and cannot recreate the issue, so I don't know what the deal was.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
How do you have the battery set to off?

14u2nv

Bronze
Dec 7, 2008
settings/supreme preferences/home/hide battery on charge. It makes it act like your phone is not charging (doesn't light up, no battery on lockscreen, no charge indicator on top right)

li2327

Bronze
Jun 17, 2009
www.myspace.com
Mine acts up like that from time to time. A soft reset usually does the trick for me.

14u2nv

Bronze
Dec 7, 2008
^^do you even have a clue what you are talking about? this is an iPhone thread, not a camera thread.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
LMAO - I think he was talking about another thread which is talking about getting images off a SDHC card in the mac thread, but I could be mistaken