Charging?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kneshoba

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
is it best to charge the iPhone while off or in sleep mode?
personally i just plug mine into the wall with it on and it will go into sleep mode, that way if any calls come through i can answer them. But this is just my preferences.

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
personally i just plug mine into the wall with it on and it will go into sleep mode, that way if any calls come through i can answer them. But this is just my preferences.
Does it seem that it takes a long time to charge that bat. and even after being an entire night plug in it still not full, it could be like 98% but it does not say fully charge.

Zhenya

Jul 2, 2007
Does it seem that it takes a long time to charge that bat. and even after being an entire night plug in it still not full, it could be like 98% but it does not say fully charge.
I've found that leaving the phone charged overnight (usually 6-8 hrs) doesn't charge it all the way from empty. However, when there was still 35% of battery remaining, it did charge overnight.

kneshoba

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
When i wake up and take it out of sleep mode the battery symbol shows a full charge. I have calibrated my battery when i first got the phone. Also I use a wall charger, I have read if you use your laptop, when the laptop goes to sleep it stops charging the phone and could actually zap the battery. It is some where in the forums. Also try to calibrate the battery: drain the battery all the way down (i did it until the phone shut itself down) the use your wall charger and charge it overnight. I'll do this about once a month, and i do the same with my macbookpro. The car charger according to a friend of mine is the worst way to charge your battery, so he says, i do not own a car charger i have not ran into an issue of running out of battery, and i use a lot of the features continuously throughout the day. Try calibrating your battery and post your results please.

bo7e1se

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Coal City, IL
www.myspace.com
When i wake up and take it out of sleep mode the battery symbol shows a full charge. I have calibrated my battery when i first got the phone. Also I use a wall charger, I have read if you use your laptop, when the laptop goes to sleep it stops charging the phone and could actually zap the battery. It is some where in the forums. Also try to calibrate the battery: drain the battery all the way down (i did it until the phone shut itself down) the use your wall charger and charge it overnight. I'll do this about once a month, and i do the same with my macbookpro. The car charger according to a friend of mine is the worst way to charge your battery, so he says, i do not own a car charger i have not ran into an issue of running out of battery, and i use a lot of the features continuously throughout the day. Try calibrating your battery and post your results please.
last night after the battery drained completely i put my iPhone in sleep mode and left it to charge, and when i woke up (about 4 hours later) it was only about half way charged. does the iPhone actually say "fully charged" when it is?

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I don't know yet, I haven't had to charge mine a second time yet! This thing has amazing battery life, it puts my other smart phones to shame.

SF_VR6

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I've found that leaving the phone charged overnight (usually 6-8 hrs) doesn't charge it all the way from empty. However, when there was still 35% of battery remaining, it did charge overnight.
You may want to get this checked out. The iPhone should charge completely full with 2 - 4 hours. I average 2.5 - 3 hours on all my charges.

battery icon should go from lightning bolt to electric plug.

D-