Charing yuor phone over is this ok

azcats1

New Member
Jul 5, 2007
19
0
0
#1
I charged my phone over nite and notice that my phone was warm to the touch, is this normal. I don't want the phone to burn up please let me know if this is ok.
 

alb0zf1n3st

New Member
Silver
Jul 2, 2007
624
2
0
#2
thats fine Ive noticed the same.. I dunno why it does that but its ok.. its just warm not burning up lol
 

rumpelgeist

New Member
Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
165
0
0
#3
I charged my phone over nite and notice that my phone was warm to the touch, is this normal. I don't want the phone to burn up please let me know if this is ok.
This is happening because it is a rechargeable battery. This is standard fair for these types of batteries. The battery will get warm when you charge it and when you use the phone as well.

I used to use rechargeable "AA" type batteries in a professional camera flash unit. These batteries would get downright hot to the touch--almost too hot to hold--while recharging. I've been using those batteries for well over five years without a lick of trouble.

Rumpelgeist
 

ColPhorbin

New Member
Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
51
0
0
#6
hmm fine advice. I agree if its aflame, at the very least, remove the charger. My only advice might be an extinguish attempt.
 

Quake97

New Member
Silver
Jul 10, 2007
522
0
0
Philly Burbs
#7
Yeah, it's normal. If you've had an iPod, they do it too when you leave it on the charger for a while. Some regular cell phones do it too. Have you ever used a laptop on your lap? :)

Joe