Charing yuor phone over is this ok

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

azcats1

Jul 5, 2007
I charged my phone over nite and notice that my phone was warm to the touch, is this normal. I don't want the phone to burn up please let me know if this is ok.

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
I charged my phone over nite and notice that my phone was warm to the touch, is this normal. I don't want the phone to burn up please let me know if this is ok.
This is happening because it is a rechargeable battery. This is standard fair for these types of batteries. The battery will get warm when you charge it and when you use the phone as well.

I used to use rechargeable "AA" type batteries in a professional camera flash unit. These batteries would get downright hot to the touch--almost too hot to hold--while recharging. I've been using those batteries for well over five years without a lick of trouble.

Rumpelgeist

ColPhorbin

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
hmm fine advice. I agree if its aflame, at the very least, remove the charger. My only advice might be an extinguish attempt.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
Yeah, it's normal. If you've had an iPod, they do it too when you leave it on the charger for a while. Some regular cell phones do it too. Have you ever used a laptop on your lap? :)

Joe