Chat balloons download pack? I can't believe I couldn't find this

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I ran a search through the HUGE database of past EiC posts here and no one has ever posted a multi-colored chat balloon download pack. Does anyone have one they would like to share? I would definitely appreciate it.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I don't remember there being an entire pack but I remember a thread about "Making everything blue" and such which included special colored chat balloons. I'll see if I can find it anywhere.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Nice. I actually remember that thread now, it was just so long ago... Plus I was searching for "chat balloons" instead of just "chat". Thanks, this will do for now. Does anyone have a larger download pack? I'd do one myself if I knew photoshop.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Ok my own request ended up being my chore.

Download here. 21 different colors.

To replace the chat balloons with different colors for the native SMS app:

1. Find the colors of your choice in the Mega Pack.
2. You will notice that each color has a mirrored counterpart. You do NOT need to worry about the mirrored chat balloons in the pack, they are for biteSMS only (see below), The native SMS app will mirror the incoming chat balloon for you. Rename the files to Balloon_1.png for your outgoing chat balloon color, and Balloon_2.png for your incoming chat balloon color.
3. Copy files to your iPhone in Applications/MobileSMS.app using SSH.

To replace the chat balloons with different colors for the biteSMS app (see bitesms.com):

1. Find the colors of your choice in the Mega Pack.
2. You will notice that each color has a mirrored counterpart. The normal color is for the outgoing balloon and the mirrored one is for the incoming chat balloon. Rename the normal chat balloon to bubble-outgoing.png for your outgoing chat balloon color, and then rename the mirrored chat balloon to bubble-incoming for your incoming chat balloon color.
3. Copy files to your iPhone in Applications/biteSMS.app using SSH.