Cheapest smartphone ever launches tomorrow

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
What…? Are you saying that with over 1.25B folks in their country, not even of them will see and enjoy my post? :D

I aim to inform the world… the whole world.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Here it is!

I present to you…

…the Freedom 251 Smartphone.

freedom_251_8_ndtv.jpg freedom-251.jpg

Does it remind you of a particular smartphone made by an American company headquartered in Cupertino? It does me.

It looks like some of the previous reporting about the device's price was wrong. It actually costs the equivalent of less than $4, and it features:

• 4 inch, 960 x 540 pixel IPS display
  • 1.3 GHz quad-core processor
  • 1GB RAM
  • 8GB storage (and a microSD card for up to 32GB more)
  • 3.2MP rear camera and 0.3MP front camera
  • 1,450 mAh battery

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
No doubt! But partially in his defense, there does seem to be an issue with the TapaTalk beta crashing on spoiler alert tags. I just confirmed this on the TapaTalk forum. It's no excuse for the drum roll though! :D
The drumroll was there to prepare you for the Earth-shattering revelations that followed. The specs for that cheap phone in question--a decent phone for under USD 4? Heck, that deserved TWO drumrolls.

So yes, now you know you'll have to use iOS Safari if you want the spoiler functionality to work properly.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
The drumroll was there to prepare you for the Earth-shattering revelations that followed. The specs for that cheap phone in question--a decent phone for under USD 4? Heck, that deserved TWO drumrolls.

So yes, now you know you'll have to use iOS Safari if you want the spoiler functionality to work properly.
TapaTalk will fix it in an update soon.