Check book register

Discussion in 'iPad Apps and Games' started by Spoiling Pets, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Spoiling Pets

Spoiling Pets New Member

I use Quicken personal for our home checking account and have been using it for years, I really just use it for the check book register.

I wondered if there is an app somewhere out there that I can use on my new ipad 3 I already looked into Manilla, Pageonce and Mint.com the thing is all that pulls information from our accounts and keeps it securely online. Thats not really what I am looking for, I just want a check book register that adds and subtracts what I input and then balances with my monthly statement.

By the way this is my first Apple product and I absolutely love it, but it is a huge learning curve for me so I hope you do not ming the millions of questions that are going to appear here in the next couple of days!

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

3. Spoiling Pets

Spoiling Pets New Member

Thank you so much and is there a way to reconcile the account with the paper statement against what is on the ipad?

Again thank you in advance

4. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but I'll throw this out there: If I have a small discrepancy that I'm not concerned about I will just add a miscellaneous entry to make things balance. A lot of times any such discrepancies (plus/minus < $1) are because I made an input error. Recently I entered a transaction as $34.89 instead of $34.39 so I was off $0.5. I usually cross check with my online banking utility every couple days instead of waiting for a paper statement. That way I only have to compare a few transactions instead of pouring over a months worth of entries.

5. Spoiling Pets

Spoiling Pets New Member

Kadelic,

Well I am probably old school, but we get a paper statement in the mail once a month with a beginning and ending balance and then everything that happened in between, debits, checks and deposits.

Sometimes it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks but I am going to try doing it with just checking off what is cleared, I am guessing that is the new way to do things LOL

Thank you for the extra help

6. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Happy to be of assistance! Depending on your bank, there might be an app that will sync with your account in real time. I didn't think of that before because my bank doesn't have one. Ask your bank or search the App Store.

Hope everything balances out. ;)