Check this out. OS X Lion Ultimatum iPhone Theme

Discussion in 'Themes' started by JWiPhone, Sep 13, 2011.

1. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

This is awesome. It is priced at $3.50. You cannot find this on Cydia. It is through the ModMyi website, and you will be sent the download file once you pay via PayPal. SirTimothy (the creator of this theme) is being overwhelmed at the moment so you can expect a delay in receiving your file in email.

Cult of Mac article

OS X Lion Ultimatum skins your iPhone to look dead up like a Mac. The details are scarily accurate. Right down to the menubar, dock and even initial setup — this Dreamboard theme has it all. The developer even implemented Misson Control!

2. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Ha! I was just now watching that on youtube. Cant wait to jailbreak iOS 5 so I can get it.

3. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

You beat me, JW. This is by far the best Dreamboard theme yet!

These skins are getting better and better. :)

4. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

Oh, you are on the beta iOS 5? From what I'm seeing it has many of the OS Lion features so it is more than just a 'cosmetic' theme.

I'm downloading it now. Here is the ModMyi site, which you probably already have.

5. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Looks amazing! My iPhone 4 is still on 4.3.3. My iPads on iOS 5 and jailbroken. They should release an iPad version :)

6. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

That would look so cool on an iPad. It is just a matter of time when you can have that on your iPad.

7. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

It will take a while to get the download. SirTimothy (creator of this theme) is being swamped with requests via PayPal. Originally, when this was in Beta the donation was priced at $4.50. SirTimothy has lowered the price to $3.50 now for the final version.

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

It's taking a while, alright.

9. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

That is pretty cool.

10. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I know the kid is in school, but I hope it doesn't take days and days to get the download email...

11. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I've donated and still patiently waiting for a download email. I wonder how we're going to receive updates for this particular theme?

12. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'm not sure. I think perhaps SirTimothy should have distributed this via Cydia.

13. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

So do I. He would still receive a secure payment through PayPal. Do you think it's because he didn't want Cydia to take a cut of his profits? I would have definitely done this through Cydia, makes much more sense.

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

It would make far more sense than those idiots over on ModMyi posting their email addresses on a public forum. I'm guessing they're mostly kids.

15. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I've not posted my email, I don't want to get spammed more than I already do :(

The PayPal invoice displays an email address. I've not received any sort of notification at all from the creator. An ETA would have been nice.

16. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I think it will take a few days unfortunately. I agree with Napoleon, he should have done this through Cydia. I think he had no idea how popular this would become, thanks to the tech news sites, and YouTube. Now he is no doubt overwhelmed.

17. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I wasn't concerned about you. I was referring to the kiddies on that forum who don't have an iota of common sense among them.

18. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I have a feeling SirTimothy must be going crazy with all the comments on ModMyi. 'Kids' complaining about not receiving the download, and posting their confirmation info.

I just saw these comments:

1. Hello, I paid yesterday but I still waiting for a download link.
      How long must we wait? Thanks for answer.​

2. It has been over 24 hours since I sent my donation and STILL have not received the download link. Is this how you always conduct businesss?​

19. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Some of the comments are ridiculous. I'm still wondering how we're going to receive updates (when the download link finally arrives)?

20. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I thnk he would keep an email list of everyone who has paid, and when there is an update he would automatically send to everyone on the list, or by then to avoid this headache he might move it all over to Cydia.

In any case I would keep your confirmation info if you need to contact him about this in the future.