Check your iPhone Screen for this

Sep 29, 2007
Well I went to the store today for something quite odd. I had "bubbles" in my screen. I posted pictures on here before and everyone was like "its from your old screen its from your old screen!Use GooGone!". Well I got some goo gone and let it sit on there for about 20 mins as it would no come off. Well I ended up going to the Mac Store so they could see what it was.

They were quite confused and saw something quite weird. My iPhone came pre installed with a protective clear shield underneath the plastic that was originally on the iPhone. Kinda confusing but look at it this way:

The iPhone 3G I bought, when it came out of the box it already had a protective shield on it, NOT the plastic covering which you peel away but an adhesive one.

Well they say they have no clue how it would get there but after 5 mins of trying to peel it away we got it. I don't know if thats just a freak manufacturing thing or if its more but if you get "bubbles" in your iPhone that may be it.

Jul 17, 2007
baby oahu
that be funny you got a used iPhone... the guy before put a screen protector and didn't use it...

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I bet the screens come precoated with a protective layer before they hit the manufacturing process, and are removed somewhere in the assembly. It somehow missed yours maybe.

k3n85

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
^^ That would make the most sense, doubt they're repackaging already. Those pretty iPhones don't just pop out in one piece :)

ramesh223

Aug 7, 2008
thanks a lot @Zabumafu for sharing with us....i also have same problem and i can clearly see that a protective shield of some sort is on the touch screen.
I can see the top speaker and bottom button are exposed and the other area is covered with that shield.

I was thinking that the screen has the problems and may be replace it...

Last edited by a moderator:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
That is really odd. Alex is probably closest to the reason for the extra screen.

I've actually developed a real bubble under my screen but I am going to wait a while before getting it replaced.