Check Yourself

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nova

Sep 6, 2007
I've viewed this forum for many weeks.

However today is the first time i've posted a thread.. why.. because i can't believe what i'm reading.

Here are the top line thoughts for any moron who thinks they were ripped off...

* Prices change - thats life.
* Gas prices go up and down - do you demand a refund if you find it cheaper somewhere else?

* It happens to every single early adopter.
* If you are one and not use to buy now i suggest you get some proffesional help.... just llok at the price of every macbook... and imac... anyone?

* Do you whinge about losing money on a new car the moment you drive out of a car dealership?

* Jobs is no bad guy - last week he was Jesus to 95% of people on here and now....... he reduces the price and you crack it. I have read so many people on here tellin potential buyers to just go for it, you all the knew the price would drop.

* Finally - you are the only country in the world to be bloody lucky enough to have the iPhone - i know when we get it here in Australia we will pay twice your intial cost.

Life is life - and unless you would have feed a starving kid with the 200 bucks you saved.
****************DISCUSS THE WI-FI iTunes STORE!

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
My iPhone dropped in value more than my new BMW did since I bought it 1 year ago. Ethics Ethics Ethics! What Mr. Jobs has done is OUTRAGEOUS.

Check the official Apple support forums. No one really cares about what Mr. Jobs has planned right now. Bad outweighs the good

Kolder

Jul 14, 2007
A 33% price drop in a few months is taking your most supportive group of customers and screwing them big time. I don't see how the brains at Apple thought the people getting screwed by this would just shrug their shoulders and say oh well. I hop they hurt for a long time on future products. I for one will never buy a new Apple product again.

nova

Sep 6, 2007
A 33% price drop in a few months is taking your most supportive group of customers and screwing them big time. I don't see how the brains at Apple thought the people getting screwed by this would just shrug their shoulders and say oh well. I hop they hurt for a long time on future products. I for one will never buy a new Apple product again.

you are exactly the sort of consumer Apple isn't after.... early adopters are money spinners for any company - no matter who or what.... its mass appeal that drives Apples share price and allows them to develop new products..

do you think the person who bought a 5th gen ipod video on Tuesday the 25th june has the right to be pissed that a 6th gen is now out?

i'm just thankful that i don't run a businesss with anyone who has reacted like you to this announcement.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
you are exactly the sort of consumer Apple isn't after.... early adopters are money spinners for any company - no matter who or what.... its mass appeal that drives Apples share price and allows them to develop new products..

do you think the person who bought a 5th gen ipod video on Tuesday the 25th june has the right to be pissed that a 6th gen is now out?

i'm just thankful that i don't run a businesss with anyone who has reacted like you to this announcement.
Thousands of businessses are run for years without any negative press like there was today. The sheer amount should be enough proof for even the most oblivious.

Kolder

Jul 14, 2007

I'm the consumer they are not after? I didn't realize there was a difference between my 600 bucks or the next guys. This is actually the first Apple product I ever purchased, I never bought into the iPod hype. Now they have a pissed off consumer that will react as irrational as he feels the need to do so after he gets ripped off. There is no way around it but 33% drop in two months even in technology is a rip off.

P.S. I'm not sure what running a businesss has to do with my consumer beliefs but I am in no way a businesss man. I am a medical professional and that still entitles me to my opinion.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
I'm the consumer they are not after? I didn't realize there was a difference between my 600 bucks or the next guys. This is actually the first Apple product I ever purchased, I never bought into the iPod hype. Now they have a pissed off consumer that will react as irrational as he feels the need to do so after he gets ripped off. There is no way around it but 33% drop in two months even in technology is a rip off.

P.S. I'm not sure what running a businesss has to do with my consumer beliefs but I am in no way a businesss man. I am a medical professional and that still entitles me to my opinion.
Since you are a medical professional, maybe you can help Mr. Jobs with his obvious drug addiction. He's lost his sanity.

Mactech

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
First, my friend use spell check it is a wonderful tool...

* Gas is is a crappy analogy and you cannot compare that.

* Not EVERY early adopter either, I challenge you to at least come up with the last 6 early adopters, Ok, I'll go easy. say... the last 3 and you can't use the iPhone, and the price drop has to be as drastic in percentage as the iPhone has had today.

* Hmmm... The old car off the lot deprecation argument. Not going to hold any argument here. However I'll give you something to think about, because us "morons" can't simply come up with half a brain or a thought like you oh great author of great postings. Remember use spell check next time :p

* You purchase a car for $45,000, then the auto manufacturer drops the price to $26,000 two months later. I bet you would be pissed, you say otherwise your a liar and a bigger fool than your spelling and post lead us to believe.

However today is the first time i've posted a thread.. why.. because i can't believe what i'm reading.

* Gas prices go up and down - do you demand a refund if you find it cheaper somewhere else?

* If you are one and not use to buy now i suggest you get some proffesional help.... just llok at the price of every macbook... and imac... anyone?

* Do you whinge about losing money on a new car the moment you drive out of a car dealership?

* Jobs is no bad guy - last week he was Jesus to 95% of people on here and now....... he reduces the price and you crack it. I have read so many people on here tellin potential buyers to just go for it, you all the knew the price would drop.

* Finally - you are the only country in the world to be bloody lucky enough to have the iPhone - i know when we get it here in Australia we will pay twice your intial cost.

Life is life - and unless you would have feed a starving kid with the 200 bucks you saved.

SHUT THE F*** UP AND DICUSS THE WI-FI iTunes STORE!

Mactech

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
We're grateful you don't run a businesss either, it would be a shame to take up space for your store front and not have any customers, with an attitude like yours I am glad you don't own or run a businesss.

Leed

Aug 5, 2007
First, my friend use spell check it is a wonderful tool...

* Gas is is a crappy analogy and you cannot compare that.

* Not EVERY early adopter either, I challenge you to at least come up with the last 6 early adopters, Ok, I'll go easy. say... the last 3 and you can't use the iPhone, and the price drop has to be as drastic in percentage as the iPhone has had today.

* Hmmm... The old car off the lot deprecation argument. Not going to hold any argument here. However I'll give you something to think about, because us "morons" can't simply come up with half a brain or a thought like you oh great author of great postings. Remember use spell check next time :p

* You purchase a car for $45,000, then the auto manufacturer drops the price to $26,000 two months later. I bet you would be pissed, you say otherwise your a liar and a bigger fool than your spelling and post lead us to believe.
Nice post. I'm tired of reading these posts comparing Apples to oranges. This is in no way like gas or cars. Besides, gas stations don't offer you two of the ninety one octane that you paid for until you sign a 2 year agreement with another company to unlock the rest. I wonder if any of these people own more than one Apple product. Most of the complainers (such as myself) are Apple loyalists and this is an unprecedented move that could not have been predicted. Apple often upgrades products but rarely and I mean rarely do they offer discounts of any substantial amount especially on the high ticket items. Live and Learn I guess. Customer relations .. here I come.. Rant off!

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines

********* Who do you think you are? ********

Fafafoooey

Bronze
Apr 26, 2007

Hey, Outback boy, people are allowed to vent about the price drop, just as you are allowed to ***** and moan about not being able to get an iPhone. Now you are able to get the new IPod Touch, so you will be able to at least enjoy the interface.

That is the beauty of forums.

cflamm

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
nova,

the way you state your comments are TOTALLY unwarranted. if you would like to be a member of this forum in good standing, i suggest you reframe from further judgments and attacks.

if you are another immature poster, we have no use for you here. we already have enough, thank you very much.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Well gee, I bought my Moto Q (early adopter) for $400 + a 2 year contract. A few months later you could buy the Q for $199 + 2 year contract. That's not a 33% drop, that's a 50% drop.

Guess what, it happens all the time and especially in the cell phone market place.

If you're so sensitive, you should probably stay out of the early adopter game.

lci3341

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
It should be noted that Apple was basically kept in businesss for years by loyalist and Apple enthusiasts during the 90s (and Bill G)... What a nice way for Apple to pay them back.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007

Quoted for truth.

While I agree that this COULD have been handled differently - ie. with a little more tact; it shouldn't have been a huge surprise to anyone here over the age of 20. Personally, I expected an ATT announcement agreeing to subsidize before the end of the year, but this is what we got. This will just make buying my wife's iPhone more easy.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC

This is nothing like the car scenario you describe...the price dropped $200. get over it. It is not 19 grand as you described in your little car scenario.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
<------Everyone watch the langauge or implied foul langauge along with any personal attacks. I understand everyone is heated today, but that doesn't give you the ok to disregard the rules of this forum. I will issue bans and close threads if people do not conduct themselves properly. Argue the point and not the person. Keep it clean. --------->

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
Well gee, I bought my Moto Q (early adopter) for $400 + a 2 year contract. A few months later you could buy the Q for $199 + 2 year contract. That's not a 33% drop, that's a 50% drop.

Guess what, it happens all the time and especially in the cell phone market place.

If you're so sensitive, you should probably stay out of the early adopter game.

Ok you bought it a few months before it price dropped, and how many months was it since it launched when you purchased it. NOT WEEKS OR 1 MONTH!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Temp ban for nova for telling members to ********.

Remember folks, it works both ways. Regardless of whether you feel cheated or not, the rules of this forum remain the same. This is still my place and forum voilations will not be tolerated despite the passionate views on either side of this issue.

-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.