CheckPlease Makeover!

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
This is one of the most drastic updates I have seen from the App Store so far.

CheckPlease is a FREE tipping app and I got it because it was free. This is how it used to look like:

Now, version 3.0 just came out and it looks like this:

I'm so glad I didn't give in to the paid tipping apps. CheckPlease now has a lot of the functions of the other apps and the same interface. And it looks much better than before! :laugh2:

Last edited by a moderator:

piyf420

Bronze
Jun 19, 2008
No offense but really? Someone needs a program to tell them how much to tip. It seems a bit anal to get exactly the right percentage. Just take 10% of the check and double it for the tip (you could do 20% but for the sake of the challenged).

It already comes with a Calculator that has a better UI.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
No offense but really? Someone needs a program to tell them how much to tip. It seems a bit anal to get exactly the right percentage. Just take 10% of the check and double it for the tip (you could do 20% but for the sake of the challenged).

It already comes with a Calculator that has a better UI.
or double the tax depending on what percentage it is
in cali its like 7.75% so double that you get 15.5% which is good for a tip

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
hi guys you make it sound so easy but when your not used to the tipping system in the USA it's great to have an app at hand. Can I ask a very basic question what is the standard tip rate in the states, I have read varying rates. I don't want to offend but I don't want to be paying over the odds. Sorry to go off topic but I would be grateful for any advice. Thanks

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
hi guys you make it sound so easy but when your not used to the tipping system in the USA it's great to have an app at hand. Can I ask a very basic question what is the standard tip rate in the states, I have read varying rates. I don't want to offend but I don't want to be paying over the odds. Sorry to go off topic but I would be grateful for any advice. Thanks
15%-20% is the standard tip. If I am in a really nice place and get good service I will go 25%.