Chess Game for iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

theone77

Bronze
Oct 18, 2007
I want to install a chess game for iPhone. I don't like any online chess game. Im not always connected in my inet. please tell me if u know a chess game that can be installed to my iPhone.

i got good games aside from NES games like sudoko & tictactoe. downloaded through PXL depository site. but chess is not there

Joseph B

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
The only chess games specifically written for the iPhone that I'm aware of at the moment are via web-based apps :

Shredder Chess for iPhone

-and-

iChess for the iPhone

The latter is more visually appealing; but "Shredder" seems to have a better opening book. "Shredder" also allows you to take a move back in case you tap the wrong square.

In each case, once you've started the game you no longer have to be connected to the internet; however, once you navigate away from the game you can not start back where you left off. (In other words, there doesn't seem to be a "save board" option.)

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
The only chess games specifically written for the iPhone that I'm aware of at the moment are via web-based apps :

Shredder Chess for iPhone

-and-

iChess for the iPhone

The latter is more visually appealing; but "Shredder" seems to have a better opening book. "Shredder" also allows you to take a move back in case you tap the wrong square.

In each case, once you've started the game you no longer have to be connected to the internet; however, once you navigate away from the game you can not start back where you left off. (In other words, there doesn't seem to be a "save board" option.)
I like the shredder myself.....