Choke

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i saw this today and thought it was amazing. i'm sure this movie makes chuck proud.

this movie was better than Fight Club in regards to following the book. usually this wouldn't matter to me but it IS my favorite book of all time so..

anyone see it? read it? heard of it?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
i saw this today and thought it was amazing. i'm sure this movie makes chuck proud.

this movie was better than Fight Club in regards to following the book. usually this wouldn't matter to me but it IS my favorite book of all time so..

anyone see it? read it? heard of it?
Who's in it, and what's it about? Ive never heard of it.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
The book left me scratching my head. Gotta read it again. Maybe the movie will help put it in context.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
The book left me scratching my head. Gotta read it again. Maybe the movie will help put it in context.
really? hm. well maybe a reread would do you justice, or the movie i guess.

and there really isn't many big actors at all since its an indy flick

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
really? hm. well maybe a reread would do you justice, or the movie i guess.

and there really isn't many big actors at all since its an indy flick
Well, Sam Rockwell is a great actor. On the other hand, I didn't like "Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind."

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Well, Sam Rockwell is a great actor. On the other hand, I didn't like "Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind."
Dude, Confessions was a great flick! I remember all of those shows he (Chuck) created, and it all seems plausible.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
it is an indie flick so i will have to wait for dvd
i hope it comes out on blu ray so i can watch it on my expensive hd t.v.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Dude, Confessions was a great flick! I remember all of those shows he (Chuck) created, and it all seems plausible.
It was depressing. And I got the joke - Chuck Berry was never a spy. I think it was overblown because Clooney was directing. I think he's a better actor.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Choke does look like a great movie though Fight Club is in my top 2 movies of all time. I can't wait to see this though and I'll see about the awesomeness. (I have NOT read the book that Choke is based on so I'll keep that in mind).

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Choke does look like a great movie though Fight Club is in my top 2 movies of all time. I can't wait to see this though and I'll see about the awesomeness. (I have NOT read the book that Choke is based on so I'll keep that in mind).
I don't want to dash your hopes, but I don't think Choke will be ANYTHING like Fight Club.

One, I read the book and although the humor is pretty dark like Fight Club that's about where the similarities begin and end.

Even when Fight Club was made, David Fincher was a top-notch director. Choke is Clark Gregg's directorial debut. Gregg is an actor turned director. He was Agent Phil Coulson in Iron Man.

I was going to see this movie on Friday but the reviews I read at Rotten Tomatoes got me down a bit. And the trailer refreshed my memory of the book. It's a pretty down story.

I think I want to re-read the book before I watch the movie.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I saw Choke today. I liked it a lot. The flashbacks weren't in the same order but that was okay. If there is a criticism, this film lacks the visual genius of Fight Club, but chalk that up to first-time director Clark Gregg. In fact, Gregg is an actor-turned-director and actually stars as Charlie. What a great cameo!

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
the problem i have with Fight Club is...

people don't read movies.
also, no one can make a movie as good as my imagination.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
the problem i have with Fight Club is...

people don't read movies.
also, no one can make a movie as good as my imagination.
Someone sounds salty after the movie was a bigger hit than the book... ;)

BTW, people don't watch books either. :p

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
It was depressing. And I got the joke - Chuck Berry was never a spy. I think it was overblown because Clooney was directing. I think he's a better actor.
Chuck Barris, not Berry. And it wasn't a joke, he says in his book he really was a sort of spy.