Christmas Present?

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
www.CloverfieldMovieForum.com
Does anyone else think we will get a 2.3 update on the 24th or 25th of December? I reckon it would be pretty cool of Apple to give us one with a few cool features almost as a christmas present from them to us. Also, on iTunes, it says it will look for another update on the 24/12/08. Coincidence, much.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Does anyone else think we will get a 2.3 update on the 24th or 25th of December? I reckon it would be pretty cool of Apple to give us one with a few cool features almost as a christmas present from them to us. Also, on iTunes, it says it will look for another update on the 24/12/08. Coincidence, much.
2.3 for Christmas would be a wonderful present - but it won't happen! :)

If any update will be released, it will be 2.2.1

ess_bee

Bronze
Dec 16, 2008
UK
2.3 for Christmas would be a wonderful present - but it won't happen! :)

If any update will be released, it will be 2.2.1
2.2 software was only released a few weeks ago!

2.3 give it a few months...

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
The date is dependent on when your computer checks for updates. It sets the next check for next week every time. Manual update checks will throw off that schedule

WPeterson

Bronze
Dec 15, 2008
i really doubt. the biggest surprise of such christmas 2.3 from Apple is, no updates....

i just prefer buying more nice apps or movies for christmas... that's the greatest life for me with my i.

iLiam

Dec 18, 2008
Chesterfield
It would be a very good present for christmas, but be honest can any of you see this happening, because i can't

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
It sucks how we have to wait months for small updates...yet from what I hear from some of our Blackberry/iPhone users here...RIM gets out updates almost weekly and tackles problems as they occur

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I don't think Steve worships false idols. ;)

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Steve didn't give us a present last year, I don't think he will give us one this year either. Plus didn't they just give us an update a couple of weeks ago?

iLiam

Dec 18, 2008
Chesterfield
It sucks how we have to wait months for small updates...yet from what I hear from some of our Blackberry/iPhone users here...RIM gets out updates almost weekly and tackles problems as they occur
It does seem ridiculous that we have a massive company behind our phones and they cant even release a few extra updates, To be honest i would prefer they fix one thing and a new update is out and then they fix another and a new update is out instead of waiting like 2months and then having 2 or 3 thing fixed ( Just my Opinion )

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
Could be worse, could be a Windows Mobile user and almost NEVER get a update...lol. I can count on one hand the amount of updates in the two years I was using several Windows Mobile phones.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Yeah haha I had both an HTC 8125 and 8525 and have never gotten an update :p
-But maybe its because you can download almost any type of freeware or whatever that can keep your WM device updated :)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Could be worse, could be a Windows Mobile user and almost NEVER get a update...lol. I can count on one hand the amount of updates in the two years I was using several Windows Mobile phones.
I used WinMo for 1.5 years. I couldn't even tell you how the update process works... never got one.

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
I used WinMo for 1.5 years. I couldn't even tell you how the update process works... never got one.
Consider yourself lucky, I had two for my Treo and One for my Q, did one for each and believe me it was HORRIBLE, took well over an hour and it warned of possible bricking if the connection gets lose in mid update. I was never so nervous in my life. Made me not want to update...lol

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Consider yourself lucky, I had two for my Treo and One for my Q, did one for each and believe me it was HORRIBLE, took well over an hour and it warned of possible bricking if the connection gets lose in mid update. I was never so nervous in my life. Made me not want to update...lol
The only WinMo update I ever got on my Mogul was the 6.1 Professional update. Other than that I never got any. I don't even know why WinMo has a "Check For Updates" option....Mark