Chrome β or stick to finalized/released versions?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Greetings,

I was interested in hearing you guys' opinion(s) on the matter mentioned in the subject line.

Should I stick to the Stable channel for Chrome or am I missing out by not using the version on the Beta channel?

Are there any drawbacks to using the Beta? Besides the obvious occasional bug (but I'm a seasoned computer user, so I'm assuming I could handle those).

Thanks kindly,

Rafael

PS/Disclaimer: Searched for possible existing threads but found nothing (my search keywords were Chrome Beta).

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I have not used the current Beta, but in the past the stable versions have been much better for me and you won't notice any difference between them except, as it is obvious, the stable version is much more stable and loads web pages more efficiently. I'd stick to the stable version unless the other one has newer features that you'd like to try.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I have not used the current Beta, but in the past the stable versions have been much better for me and you won't notice any difference between them except, as it is obvious, the stable version is much more stable and loads web pages more efficiently. I'd stick to the stable version unless the other one has newer features that you'd like to try.
Thank you for your input. No features I'm hungry for. Mostly curiosity and... now that you mention page loading efficiency... I would probably have thought the betas were on the cutting edge of efficiency.

Thanks, again!

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Actually, no. You'll find a lot of bugs and errors with the beta/developer-preview versions of Chrome as well as Firefox. Your job, as a tester of either of those, is to report whatever bugs you stumble upon and also to give them suggestions.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Actually, no. You'll find a lot of bugs and errors with the beta/developer-preview versions of Chrome as well as Firefox. Your job, as a tester of either of those, is to report whatever bugs you stumble upon and also to give them suggestions.
Sure. They give me $1 per bug report and I'm in... Otherwise they can... suck an Easter egg.

I'm still bitter that they never sent me that free Chromebook they were sending around like AOL used to send those CDs back in the day. I gave them some great reasons to send me one of their cheapie laptops on their online forms. Despite my job at at the time that involved spending 90% of the eight working hours in front of a computer screen, I was (according to what I've heard >97 dozen times) someone who could spend eight hours in front of a computer at work and come home and spend an eight additional hours--I mentioned this fact among others.

Oh, and they never saw fit to include me in the Google+ social network beta testing program (which, as it has turned out, sucks IMHO).

I can hold a grudge, and even more so when it involves large, rich companies.

Where's that Chromebook now, anyways? Paperweight for those who received one? I haven't heard anything else about them.

One of the few things I like about Google is that when you go to www.google.com you don't get inundated by BS like when you go to www.yahoo.com.

UPDATE: I'd rather test beta releases of toilet paper.