Chrome app Update

Discussion in 'iPad 4' started by BassFishing1, Mar 30, 2014.

1. BassFishing1

BassFishing1 New Member

Chrome app Updated March 27th, 2014. Can't get it to update. Have tried for 2 days. Flipboard had an update that day and it worked fine. Any suggestions, delete Chrome and re-install?

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Do you have auto update enabled or are you manually updating apps?

3. BassFishing1

BassFishing1 New Member

Manually updating

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I had one get stuck like that, so I turned on auto update. That worked. Then I turned it back off. No problems since. If that doesn't work, try a hard reset. Hold the top button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Then release.

5. BassFishing1

BassFishing1 New Member

Ok, I will try that.

6. BassFishing1

BassFishing1 New Member

I don't know if it worked or not. I still have the update notice on the App Store icon. However I went to Chrome and it says I have the update. If I tap the App Store icon it still says "update" with the little red circle with the 1 in it.

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Rebooting typically fixes this problem.

If it doesn't, delete and reinstall the app.

8. BassFishing1

BassFishing1 New Member

I rebooted twice. The App Store icon shows the update circle. I went to settings and checked Chrome under visions and it shows the newest version. But now the update icon still shows the red circle with a 1 in the middle of it. So Chrome is working but the icon and the information show "update all" which is only for Chrome.

9. BassFishing1

BassFishing1 New Member

I deleted and now it won't reinstall?

10. BassFishing1

BassFishing1 New Member

I rebooted one more time and this time Chrome ask for my age, etc, etc. Everything is working now. Thanks for the help!

11. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

I used to have Chrome on both iPhone and iPad, simply because I was familiar with it, having used it as a default browser in my desktops and laptops since it came out several years ago. I always said that its simplicity and speed allowed it to 'breathe new life' into older hardware. I still use it as default on my iMac , again, mostly because familiarity is a good thing. ( and my bookmarks are all intact.)
    Having had several issues such as those recently posted about updating, plus several others that to be brief I'll only call 'the good, the bad , and the ugly, I have now uninstalled Mobile Chrome on my iPad and iPhone , and find I really don't miss it. I can only sum up that it wasn't worth the constant fiddling- so I'm getting used to Safari, and it's not bad ! David