Chuckle Chuckle

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by scandalex, Mar 14, 2008.

1. scandalex

scandalex Member
    Silver

In the Apple store now killing time posting this from the Airrrrrr..... :p

True to its word, this thing is light - but I am not going to stand here and regret getting the MacBook.... I swear I wont.... :cool:

2. depthnerd

depthnerd New Member

1. MacBook Pro
    2. MacBook
    3. MacBook Air

That's how it goes in quality.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Luckykelleyk

Luckykelleyk New Member
    Gold

I don't know about quality, maybe you really mean value and features?

5. dturner

dturner Zealot
    Gold

I think it comes down to what you want and what fits your needs. I probably would have gone with the MB, but wanted the better graphics card because I do a lot of photo work. The value lies in what you want from the computer. Why spend money on features that you may never or seldom use?

6. kokogirl

kokogirl New Member
    Gold

ohhh-I see your sig! Excellent! When did you get your MBP? I know you were planning on your purchase about when I got my MacBook.

7. depthnerd

depthnerd New Member

To me - that is quality.

Think about whores. You can get a good slut who listen, seduces you and doesn't have any STDs, or you can get an old one wearing make-up and smoking while you're having intercourse.

he first have great features, and value BECAUSE its a good quality whore. :p

8. Luckykelleyk

Luckykelleyk New Member
    Gold

So, you know a lot about soliciting prostitutes? :p
    but seriously, when I think about quality, I think about quality control. For example if there are a bunch of defective parts, or if the the parts are not constructed well, or (yes I know this is a run on sentence) if the parts are not as good in comparison to others of the same kind. Just because a certain device doesn't have the features that you want, it doesn't automatically mean that it is poor quality. Maybe some people like the dirty old whores ;-)

9. depthnerd

depthnerd New Member

Just as good as Governor Spitzer does. :laugh2:

10. Luckykelleyk

Luckykelleyk New Member
    Gold

Haha! Burn! (on spitzer)

11. scandalex

scandalex Member
    Silver

Based on features alone, the MBP is a little more than I need. I am not doing intense works that requires the best in graphics and I'm not running any heavy apps.

12. scandalex

scandalex Member
    Silver

Exactly. When I decided to go Mac, I already knew which one I wanted to get; there was never any questions or second guessing myself. I think my MB is great for what I need it to do and I retired my windows laptop to my niece.

She's happy! :laugh2:

13. scandalex

scandalex Member
    Silver

What struck me about your statement is the fact that I had totally dismissed the MBA as poor quality because it lacked many of the features I needed in a laptop. But tonight, while playing with one in the App store, I was talking to one store employee who actually enlightened me.

She said that for her, the MBA is perfect based on the fact that she thought that its missing features were going to be its downfall until she realized that if certain features are not available, you soon discover that you either #1) didn't need them that much and #2) you only think you need them because they're gone.

Many people, including myself, went ape sh!t because the Air lacks an optical drive, but when I think how many times I actually use the OD on my MB, I have to admit, not as much as I thought I would.

I think I just like the knowledge that its there for when I do want to use it.

14. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

yeah, certainly in the future i think optical drives will be phased out. As of now, though, there are still plenty of people that watch DVDs, import CDs to iTunes, install software, burn dvds...

at least i do.

15. scandalex

scandalex Member
    Silver

Its hard for me to imagine optical drives being phased out- I mean, as long as there are CD/DVD's, those drives would have to remain in existence.

To phase them out would cut into hardware sales tremendously; why would people want to buy newer devices that lack the essentials the older model has.

I guess that explains the Air; something different for everyone.

16. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

well, I mean i don't see CDs or DVDs being around much longer. Everything is gravitating to a purely digital distribution... music, movies, software...

i personally like having "hard" copies of media... are there enough people like myself to justify keeping them around? who knows.

anyway, i think the MBA is Apple's way of predicting this trend... just a little too early for most people.

17. scandalex

scandalex Member
    Silver

I understand what you mean. My hard copies recently have been Blu Ray; music is usually downloaded off Limewire or brought from iTunes.

18. dturner

dturner Zealot
    Gold

I got it about 2 weeks ago. Haven't been around here much since because I have spent that time getting to know the computer. Never had a Mac before so I needed to learn my way around. I love this thing though and my desktop is sitting collecting dust. No more windows for me. Hope everyone that got a new Mac recently is enjoying as much as I am.:)

19. scandalex

scandalex Member
    Silver

I am truly enjoying mine; so much so that my ass feels flat from sitting in bed with it. :laugh2:

I sit in front of my desktop, but only occasionally. My next purchase (not in the immediate future) is going to be an iMac! :p

20. dturner

dturner Zealot
    Gold

Funny you should say that. I am trying to decide weather to get an iMac or just get a monitor for the MB.

21. scandalex

scandalex Member
    Silver

Decisions..... decisions :cool: