Cingular emailing surveys on data plans

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Cingular emailed me a survey today on data usage. Evidently it was pretty important to them because they're giving two months of internet usage for completing the survey.

The survey was pretty detailed on choosing possible data plan rates in the near future, customer approval ratings, MEdia Net opinions, MEdia Mall opinions, and overall satisfaction with the service.

There'll be another survey at the end of the two free months that will give everyone a chance to really use MEdia Net without paying for usage. After that second survey, there will be a drawing for a $5000 grand prize.:laugh2: Sounds like a macbookpro, PS3, and new HDTV. Oh well, I can dream can't I?

archer6

Bronze
May 15, 2007
Cingular emailed me a survey today on data usage. Evidently it was pretty important to them because they're giving two months of internet usage for completing the survey.

The survey was pretty detailed on choosing possible data plan rates in the near future, customer approval ratings, MEdia Net opinions, MEdia Mall opinions, and overall satisfaction with the service.

There'll be another survey at the end of the two free months that will give everyone a chance to really use MEdia Net without paying for usage. After that second survey, there will be a drawing for a $5000 grand prize.:laugh2: Sounds like a macbookpro, PS3, and new HDTV. Oh well, I can dream can't I?
My corp. AT&T rep told me about the surveys and said that they are polling customers, to help identify demands for current and future data volume. There are several other new smart phones besides the iPhone that will be sold by AT&T in the very near future.

Thus the surveys to customers who are either already using data services, as well as ones that are not but will be as they purchase the new models like the iPhone and it's competitors.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ

How did you sign up to get surveyed?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
How did you sign up to get surveyed?
I didn't. I guess they just got my email address from Cingular.com. You have to be a regular account holder or they couldn't set your account for the free two months of internet usage from June 15 - Aug 15. The survey started with a request for me to verify the last four digits of my cell phone number and then went on.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
Nice they give you a couple months free for your troubles.

Some of those corporate surveys they just put you in a hat for something or you do it out of the goodness of your heart for helping them improve their services.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Nice they give you a couple months free for your troubles.

Some of those corporate surveys they just put you in a hat for something or you do it out of the goodness of your heart for helping them improve their services.
I thought the same thing. Now if they don't require me to purchase a data plan with the iPhone, I might wait a couple of months before I add that feature.:laugh2: