Circuit City says bye bye

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Never really cared for CC, so I won't be going. I am sorry for the ones that will lose jobs, but not the company.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I agree with you Don. I never really cared for CC or their selection. Switched over to Best Buy and the sort years ago. It is unfortunate for those losing jobs though.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I agree with the others. Circuit City never saw the writing on the wall. Other than appliances, I always felt I was walking into a Staples or Office Depot. Circuit City never lived up to its potential as a realistic alternative to Best Buy.

H

Hayesimus

I guess the Circuit City in my area was above average. I loved it. There wasn't any better place to go for a good deal on electronics. Nice atmosphere, helpful employees... I'll miss it.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I agree. The one in Savannah was great and a thousand times more conveinent to use. Best buy in Savannah always smells funny to me. Always has since the day it opened. Funny, huh?

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
I agree. The one in Savannah was great and a thousand times more conveinent to use. Best buy in Savannah always smells funny to me. Always has since the day it opened. Funny, huh?
most things in Savannah stink.

just kidding, really...i have great memories of Savannah. it could do without the overwhelming presense of racism, but hey...what couldn't?

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Just went to my C.C in woodbridge nj... there were a lot more people there then a normal night. No sales yet just same high prices

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
meh, another weak company closing its doors. the more this happens the sooner we will rebound and be back at equilibrium as an economy.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
.i have great memories of Savannah. it could do without the overwhelming presense of racism, but hey...what couldn't?
I agree. I thought Obama getting elected would settle things down but it's as bad as ever. I can't go anywhere without someone making a comment. It's tough being white in Savannah. The looks and snide comments are just so ignorant. There are no give-aways for me I'm the last one to get the job if there are any other races involved.

yes, you're right. Lots of racism still around. Thanks for your crap ass comments of my town. Do you really want me to start with that shithole you live in?

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
Do you really want me to start with that shithole you live in?
No. I'll give you the opportunity to not trespass against those that trespass against you.

Come one, though...it's 2009, but you can still buy a Confederate Flag in nearly every gas station or gift shop in Savannah.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
if i drove up somewhere and saw a confed flag flying, i would do just like this guy did to the mexican flag, except i would cut off the confed flag and piss all over it.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I don't neccessarily mind the confederate flag if I see it on some redneck's truck down here in Savannah. But when I see that flag on a truck in Ohio, it's another story. If you're an idiot redneck from the south and were raised that way, so be it. But if you glamourize that filthy part of our past while not being from the south (and not knowing better), then shame on you.

And just for the record, I can't go in a store in NY without all the tools to smoke crack being readily available right on the counter. The steel wool and glass tube with the rose is at every store... I guess I'd rather sell a bumper sticker than be an enabler to death and addiction.
O well, that's what makes the world go round

H

Hayesimus

You are both right. This thread WAS indeed about racism and drug use... Sorry if the title implied otherwise...

:p

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I'm not surprised. CC here suffers from abysmal customer service. Not sure how a company of this size doesn't have "secret shoppers" and does a better job of servicing their customers. With price matching, I have no reason to go to CC. Just match it at Best Buy. The only reason I'll miss CC is it now puts Best Buy as the only big dog.

Once the economy comes back (hoping it does sooner than later), there will be another customer service driven electronics chain that will go through rapid expansion.