Class action lawsuit filed against Apple

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
Not really....the phone probably does do everything they say when it's working correctly, which for some, it is. It cant be false advertisement for some and not for others.
I have never seen 3G work as fast as they show it on their stupid commercials. blazing wifi type speeds are not a reality

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I have never seen 3G work as fast as they show it on their stupid commercials. blazing wifi type speeds are not a reality
Well, its pretty sad that you completely believe the speeds you see on the commercials. Verizon says they have coverage everywhere, but they don't :p

It's a commercial. They have a short amount of time to show everything the phone is capable of.

But, the clorox commercial says it will take out all stains, and I still have stains. Better go sue clorox

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
yah, damn i use axe body spray and i don't have bitches drooling all over me like in those commercials. i mean i still may get lucky, but if i use axe body spray i should be having 5 some's EVERY NIGHT LIKE THE COMMERCIAL ADVERTISES!

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
But, if Apple is working on a fix (which I'm pretty sure they are), I would rather them take their time with the fix and get it right, then throw together a quick fix and have things worse than before.

A lawsuit is not going to change the time it takes to come up with a fix and fix it....correctly.
agreed...
But as much as I've struggled with the two units I've had...and receiving from none to ineffective responses from Apple, I'll applaud frivalous lawsuits at this point.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Well, you are entitled to that, but I will not contribute to that line of thinking.

I'd rather Apple take their time and fix it right.

I drive a VW (this is my second) so maybe that is why I'm so patient with "quirks." Not only that, but its a beetle, perhaps the quirkiest of all the VWs.

I had a 2004 that had airbag light problems. I just received notification that there has been a recall on 2004 beetle convertibles because of a defective airbag sensor. Well, thats great, 4 years later and a year after I traded it for a 2007.

It's not just Apple. It's everyone.

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
The two are very different...I trust you'll figure it out!

Also, based on your reasoning, I have a right to sue AT&T because I'm paying for 3G service on my iPhone 3G but I don't live in a 3G area. I'm paying for a service that I do not receive given my location. So should I sue AT&T cause they haven't updated fast enough? I'm *entitled* that service, I pay for it.

It was my choice to buy the iPhone 3G. I knew I didn't have 3G service, but that I would be paying the extra $10 a month for it. I had that knowledge and I still bought the phone cause I wanted it.

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
Well, its pretty sad that you completely believe the speeds you see on the commercials. Verizon says they have coverage everywhere, but they don't :p

It's a commercial. They have a short amount of time to show everything the phone is capable of.

But, the clorox commercial says it will take out all stains, and I still have stains. Better go sue clorox
who said I believed it? regardless they advertised it that way. I for one like the phone and am happy with it, but have no problem with someone making a formal complaint against Apple. in the long rung it will probably help us the consumer

bambam26

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I am behind this 100 percent. They should just admit there problem and work to fix it. The longer it takes for them to fess up the worse it is getting. If it is a hardware issue they should say so, this has been going on to long for them not to release some kind of statement other that a new update is coming. The damn updates are not working. Are they testing these updates or what. It makes me think that they are testing them at the Apple compound that has full 3g service so they have no idea whatever one else is talking about.

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
this is the dumbest thing ive ever seen

if this girl, or you, or anyone else doesn't like the iPhone because its soo terrible, then return it and get a different phone. stop bitching about it like a 3 year old. its not like once you buy the phone you cant return it. maybe if that was the case a lawsuit would be a good idea. but you CAN return it, so why does someone need to make a fuss like this? because shes being a baby

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Expecting it to perform like it does in the commercials is a bit much. Dropped calls and inability to hold 3G network connections is another. I don't agree with the langauge of the complaint, but the crux of this issue seems to be pretty commonplace ever since CNET broke the story. They contacted both companies for a comment, but neither of them admitted any problems.

If Apple admits the issue last week, do we see a lawsuit this week? I don't know, but I'd venture to say no. The only reference to the issue was a supposed email from Steve Jobs saying it only affected 2% of iPhone 3G owners. Personally, I don't think SJ is emailing customers on this issue.

Believe me, I think there are certainly more than enough lawsuits in this country. I'd like to see Apple acknowledge the issue publicly and offer a solution. Case closed.

Last edited:

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
This was all your choice to do. Lots of things don't work as advertised. I mean, things right down to dish detergent don't work as advertised. On the commercials, it breaks down grease so fast and then you get it home and it does nothing. Okay, it's not as expensive as the iPhone, but still....same theory.
Based on your theory, why do states have a "Lemon Law"? If you buy an automobile and it is in constant need of the same repair for the first few months, you are entitled for compensation in many states. Why? Because at one point many people had sued the manufacturers and dealers to the point where the states had to get involved. Like you said, the iPhone is not as expensive as an automobile, "but still....same theory".

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Based on your theory, why do states have a "Lemon Law"? If you buy an automobile and it is in constant need of the same repair for the first few months, you are entitled for compensation in many states. Why? Because at one point many people had sued the manufacturers and dealers to the point where the states had to get involved. Like you said, the iPhone is not as expensive as an automobile, "but still....same theory".
Thanks god for the lemon law. After repeated attempts to deal with GM, I finally went to the BBB. Once I did that, GM sang a much different tune. I had my car towed into GM 8 times for the same problem and they refused to do anything. Once I got the BBB involved, I had a check within a month.

Companies like GM are in businesss to make money and will do what they can to limit their losses. Despite there being a clear problem, they wouldn't admit it until push came to shove.

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
that would be a good point, if most car dealers had a no questions asked return policy. unfortunately for your point, anyone who buys an iPhone and is not happy, can return it for a full refund. thereforee there is no grounds for any type of lawsuit.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
that would be a good point, if most car dealers had a no questions asked return policy. unfortunately for your point, anyone who buys an iPhone and is not happy, can return it for a full refund. thereforee there is no grounds for any type of lawsuit.
So, if a company is selling paint full of lead (which is illegal in the U.S.) and I get poisoned, the company can say, "Well, you had 30 days to return the paint (with receipt, of course), you shouldn't have used the paint and simply returned it." ? I don't think so.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
So, if a company is selling paint full of lead (which is illegal in the U.S.) and I get poisoned, the company can say, "Well, you had 30 days to return the paint (with receipt, of course), you shouldn't have used the paint and simply returned it." ? I don't think so.
dude are you retarded, look at your line "which is illegal in the U.S." that right there warrants a lawsuit. there is nothing illegal about a company selling a product, offering a return if you aren't satisfied. if you aren't satisfied just return it, don't sue. your rationale is idiotic

tyoung

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
So Cal
So if I buy some crack, and become a homeless crackhead, then I can sue the dealer that sold it to me right?